PDA

View Full Version : How do you measure handlebar risers?

bigredduke
14-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Just thinking about some Rizoma bars & risers. There are a variety of bars & risers available.
I suppose the starting point is measuring the standard risers. From top to bottom, the standard risers on my 1100 Evo are 57.5mm. However, if I measure them from the lowest point of the handlebar the measurement is about 42mm. Which is the correct one to use?

Rizoma offer either 42 or 60mm risers but which measurement are they quoting?

I am confused:dizzy:

Mr Gazza
14-03-2016, 07:15 PM
There's a picture here..

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/rizoma-handlebars-risers/rizoma-fat-bar-risers.html

bigredduke
14-03-2016, 07:24 PM
There's a picture here..

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/rizoma-handlebars-risers/rizoma-fat-bar-risers.html

Thank you, that is very helpful.

Does anyone know the right combination of risers & bars for the 1100 Evo? The problem is that the switchgear has to coincide with the air-filter vents in the tank. If the bars/risers are too high or low, they will foul the tank on full lock

buzzbomb
14-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Paul I've fitted a few Rizoma bars on both my own bikes and also customers bikes and find that you don't need risers, try a pair of Rizoma bars first and see if that suits you.
You might find that if you make the bars to high you may have to extend the wiring etc and the also adjust the steering stops.

Cobra88
15-03-2016, 05:35 AM
I have the 42mm risers and 30 mm rizoma bars

Perfect as it removes ducati's odd wrist angle.

bigredduke
15-03-2016, 01:20 PM
I have the 42mm risers and 30 mm rizoma bars

Perfect as it removes ducati's odd wrist angle.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Does the switchgear correspond with the tank indents/air filter openings?

Cobra88
15-03-2016, 05:23 PM
With the new risers the bars are about 10mm further forward

I find they are well clear of the cutouts.

I hated the tight thumb traps of the originals.

Also can adjust the stops for more steering lock