PDA

View Full Version : Tuning, mapping in Northants / Bucks

Uberspruce
08-03-2016, 07:26 PM
helloooo chaps, just settling in with my 696 11 plate. She's a totally new beast for me as my previous rides have been pre 2000... so much better!! however all this about ECU's, mapping, tuning up and general customisation is tickling my widget, as I can't help thinking that the bike could be set up better for the way i ride.

Is there somebody here that could please steer me in the right direction in the Northants / Bucks area (don't mind travelling a bit further if needed) so I can get the bike and myself geared up a bit better? It's all very new to me, I'm having a sift through threads and vids online to see what I can learn but I always prefer the old fashioned way of show and tell .:fou:

Also was having a think about the exhaust system... everything on the bike is standard but i've seen a thread here and there that suggests upgrading to termi's or a zard system could help the power a bit. and the sound. lol.

Also if there's anyone in my area that's up for a meet and greet I'd love to hear from you!

:)

Pedro
08-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Go see Dave Wood at DW Racing in Aylesbury, he can re-write stock ecu maps on his dyno. He did my 1000DS and made cracking job of it. My Multistrada will be heading there soon too

Ped

Dukedesmo
08-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Not Northants or Bucks but I would (and did) take my bike to Chris at CJS Racing near Bristol because he's the best. :thumbsup:

http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/

rollo22
08-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Bit closer to home try Baines at Silverstone they might have a dyno..

J.P
09-03-2016, 07:16 AM
I would also recommend CJS Racing between Bath & Bristol

Uberspruce
09-03-2016, 12:30 PM
great, Cheers guys much appreciated :-) will look into these options!

Stinger101
09-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Another vote here for DWR in Aylesbury. A very knowledgable fellow.

BigOz
10-03-2016, 01:47 PM
I used BSD performance at Peterborough for my 696 remap, good service and a great result.