PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly a new member... :o)

Phoenix
02-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi people, I bought my 2010 Monster 796 a year ago and have been lurking here ever since, taking in the atmosphere and benefiting from the useful information. I'm really pleased with the Monster, so much so that I did less than 100 miles on my R1 last year.

I've been seduced by the bling and am taking delivery of a 2010 1100 S this week. I don't need it I just want it :chuckle:

Going to be selling the M796...

I'm based near Mitcheldean in Gloucestershire and have been riding a looooooooong time!

I'm going to try to get to some UKMOC events this year :)

Cheers,

Jim G.

J.P
02-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Jim, welcome to the Forum.
You'll notice a big pick up in power on the 1100 and you'll have great fun.
It sounds like you might be needing to sell the R1.
I had a 1200 Multistrada for my touring trips but did just 300 miles on it in 2014 because the Monster was so versatile and I used that instead. So it went and I haven't looked back.

And if you want to meet up with the club at some point, no better chance than at the annual Weekender which this year is in Wales, not far from you. Easy for you to pop over for a day.
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52756

Phoenix
02-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the welcome J.P. I've put the Weekender dates in my calendar and will definitely be there for one of the days. A gathering of Monsters must be quite a sight :)

I'm really loving my Monster and have lusted after one since they first appeared, but somehow always ended up with Jap in-line four sport bikes. I've seen the light and there's no going back now :)

And yep, I'm selling the R1 as well...

Can't wait for the 1100 S to arrive...

Jim G.

slob
02-03-2016, 10:08 AM
... A gathering of Monsters must be quite a sight ...

it's certainly a sound!

hello and welcome

Nickj
02-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Hustle down through Mitcheldean most mornings except when I'm staying over in Cheltenham.
Just moved to twixt monster status (S2R for me please soon as I can) or you'd have heard me passing ;)
Aprillias sadly lack that certain something

alan c
03-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Hi Jim, you will love the 1100S loads of power and fun to ride !

I just changed from S2R800 to 1100 :D

will be selling S2R soon