PDA

View Full Version : Who's taken the onster out of the UKMOC

Char
10-02-2016, 05:17 AM
And made it the
U.K. Mowners club

I know I'm on a different Italian ride these days but there's still a monster in the garage and Martin even let me ride it to the mot station 1/2 mile down the road last year - he let me pick it up for him to !!

Spring is just around the corner and the birds are on the brink of bursting into song so what's on everyone's wish list for this year ?

We've booked a trip to the Pyreneese for July going on the 24 hour ferry from Portsmouth to Santander , few nights in Spain then over the mountains into France before winding our way back through the middle of the country with a quick visit to the Auvergne that we enjoyed so much in 2014 , before heading back to LeHavre and home - not done the Pyrenees before well looking forward to the trip :)

Can't wait for Welsh Weekender to and if you haven't been then get off the sofa leave the other half/kids/Labrador at home (or bring them with you if you must ) and get on over there - none of us bite (well those that still have their own teeth do occasionally but they're few and far between )

I've even heard on the grapevine that there's another UKMOC wedding happening this year !

Come on your turn ...:D

NewMon
10-02-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm also looking forward to the weekender - first time staying all weekend this year. Nothing too planned yet but a tour of Scotland is on the cards - although that might be on the other Ducati..

I'm hoping to meet up with more Monsteristi especially over Norfolk way. I need to get plenty of riding done before doing a mild restoration on the M600 over the winter.

Bring it on..

slob
10-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Weekender and World Ducati Week.
Perhaps a run down to Spain for the DOC Ducatista's weekender again this summer
and maybe another excursion into Northern Europe after a MOB trip in September.
Slot a few trackdays in the gaps :-D
Ron1000's highland tour looked good but I have a prior commitment.

Darkness
10-02-2016, 10:45 AM
I've just received my vehicle tax renewal for the monster, so it must be time to dust it off, put some fresh petrol in it and get it MOTeed ready for 2016.

I'm looking forward to the next breakfast meet.

utopia
10-02-2016, 11:53 AM
It was a trip to the Pyrenees that got me back on a bike after a midlife break.
Decided that I needed a holiday and the best plan was to buy a trailie and ride there.
Bought the Dommie.
Still haven't been, 15yrs later.

WDW.
Weekender.
Possibly the Manx/Classic TT.
Bike Shed Show.

I'm also hoping to establish some sort of regular midlands gatherings.

Ursa
10-02-2016, 02:13 PM
WDW and home via my sister's place in Switzerland
Moto GP at Silverstone
BSB at Brands
Teddy Bear's Picnic
TUNNEL RUN :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(is it time for Dirty and Grumpy to start thinking this year's one up? Happy to help out if I can be of use)

Stinger101
10-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Went out for an hour yesterday which was a fantastic blast.
4 days on track at Almeria first week of March. GSXR 1000 that one though.
UKMOC weekender. Looking forward to the riding there, whilst there and riding back. Hopefully with 2 or 3 others from over here.
Folembray in August - prob Monster and GSXR
NEED MORE LONG RIDEOUTS as I can't get enough of the M1200S
Ooh, got a test ride on the 1200R as soon as it's in at On Yer Bike! I'm doubtful that it'll tempt me to upgrade tbh.

alan s4
10-02-2016, 06:11 PM
March - Scottish Motorcycle Show in Edinburgh. My traditional 1st jaunt of the year by bike.

May- NW200 - went last year (there and back in one day - 23.5 hours to be exact - never again) I'm going again this year and staying for an overnight this time.

June - NC500ish........nip up the west coast first and then follow the route from Strathcarron. Planning on a 3 day trip and will cover around 800 miles.

Throughout the year - Knockhill for the racing and I'm going to be brave and do my 1st trackday as well.:flag:

uksurfer
10-02-2016, 06:54 PM
We've booked a trip to the Pyreneese for July going on the 24 hour ferry from Portsmouth to Santander , few nights in Spain then over the mountains into France before winding our way back through the middle of the country with a quick visit to the Auvergne that we enjoyed so much in 2014 , before heading back to LeHavre and home - not done the Pyrenees before well looking forward to the trip :)

Can't wait for Welsh Weekender to and if you haven't been then get off the sofa leave the other half/kids/Labrador at home (or bring them with you if you must ) and get on over there - none of us bite (well those that still have their own teeth do occasionally but they're few and far between )

I've even heard on the grapevine that there's another UKMOC wedding happening this year !

Come on your turn ...:D

All of the above, and Hopefully one or two more weekends into the Welsh valleys

The Ukmoc weekender is going to be good, best roads in the country. :)

Hope to make Belgium weekender this year if funds permit, but will there be a mystery trip to Belgium for frites and mayo.....

Grumpy
10-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm planning lots of days out this year. Bristol and the CRMC meet at Donington bringing the biggys.
I'm also coming to the weekender, looking forward to meeting the regulars as well as new faces. ( I will catch up with you soon , stinger!)
My main trip this year is into Germany to watch some road racing, then down too the Bugatti museum, plus some first world war sites.
Oh and getting married! ( not at the weekender!!!)

bigredduke
10-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Open-heart surgery to repair/replace a faulty mitral valve - lucky old me.

Appointment with the heart-valve surgeon this Friday.

Hoping this will happen soon so that I have enough recovery time before the Weekender.

Life rather on hold at the moment, bikes tucked up and sorned for the time being.

Flip
10-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Hmmmm well??

I had my first ride out of the year up to Casa Viva to meet up with a few from here which turned out to be a good run as the weather stayed dry.

In no particular order:

Bike show at the Excel this coming Saturday.

Hopefully racing my little Ducati at a few CRMC meetings throughout the year but the old girls' still poorly after Brands last year so will have to see. Will definitely get up to Donington to watch my mates at the very least though.

I keep threatening to do a Hill Climb on the Monster so if I don't get the old bike sorted I might sign up to a couple of those.

The Bike Shed Show whenever that is (went for the first time last year and loved it).

Italian Sunday for the Goodwood Breakfast Club (2nd October).
https://grrc.goodwood.com/breakfast-club/breakfast-club-latest/2016-breakfast-club-dates-themes-announced#lGaGGXAOCX35OaGs.97

Another European mini adventure should be on the cards, Dunkirk beaches and maybe down to Ypres again.

The Monster day out to Duxford if that still happens in June.

....and hopefully adding some more to this list.

Albie
10-02-2016, 09:15 PM
My plans are unknown except getting married, honeymoon , weekender then finish monster build after engines back together. Riding when I can and unsure when the monster will hit the road. Belgium may be a possibility. For once I have stepped back from the build and relaxing with a granddaughter. You cannot reclaim that time once its gone but next year IOM classic beckons.

buzzbomb
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM

Hoping this will happen soon so that I have enough recovery time before the Weekender.

Life rather on hold at the moment, bikes tucked up and sorned for the time being.

Best of luck on Friday Paul.

Hope it all works out for you and that you'll be fighting fit by the time the weekender comes round.

Dirty
10-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Went out to check on the bikes in the garage.

Almost made it but too cold. Came home, made cocoa, turned on tv.

DaffyDuc
10-02-2016, 10:01 PM
This year I have dragged the MOnster out of the garage, almost sold it last year but decided against it. It is over at Louigi motto for the full works. Taking it over to Germany on the trailer in May. I plan to ride it this year! Second trip over the ditch planned for September, touring over to Germany, Austria and czechoslovakia. Here is hoping for a good dry summer!

DaffyDuc
10-02-2016, 10:03 PM

Good luck, we had a message from a friend today who is also having the same surgery.

Char
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Hope all goes OK today for Paul
and hope Dirty makes it to the garage before too long

Be good to catch up with you guys , not going to Belgium last year makes it seem a long time ago since the last weekender

Hope the weather gods are good to us this year and not quite as 'damp' as last

bigredduke
12-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the kind message Char.

I had a long appointment with the heart valve surgeon & registrar today.

Good news is they are going to operate. Bad news is there is a 3 month waiting list at least which takes me to the middle of May.

At least I can go to the weekender now!

bex
22-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Barely started organising this year but so far:

3 days at Jerez over Easter
A week of touring in June inc. Route Napoleon
UK Weekender in Wales
A weekend at Cadwell in May
2 days at Spa in August
Belgian weekender in September

... and probably lots more trackdays in between.

slob
27-02-2016, 10:58 AM
also just booked Sat/Sun 7th/8th May at Cadwell (inters)
weekend after the weekender.

J.P
29-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Hope to make Belgium weekender this year if funds permit, but will there be a mystery trip to Belgium for frites and mayo.....

As sure as Mr Ton Ton's chip van is there, we'll find a chance to sample his frites & mayo on a JP Day tour.

slob
29-02-2016, 04:59 PM
What about Sat 9th April for a day trip? not sure about overnight as 10th is the last day of the Easter school holidays so I reckon the Chunnel will be Hell.

jonzi
29-02-2016, 06:48 PM
What about Sat 9th April for a day trip? not sure about overnight as 10th is the last day of the Easter school holidays so I reckon the Chunnel will be Hell.

Thats baby due date for me.

So I'm in!

J.P
01-03-2016, 08:24 AM

It would appear that a Day trip to France is £34 going out and £34 coming back. (£68 is pretty pricey).

I've noticed recently that unless you're booking a long way in advance the single day cheap return prices (£15 each way), just get sold out or aren't offered.

J.P
01-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Why don't we just do a run through Kent, into Sussex/Surrey for the day instead on April 9th ?
Lunch on the sea-front at Bognor Regis ?

slob
01-03-2016, 10:46 AM
i checked weekend after originally and it was less than half that

MR21
01-03-2016, 10:50 AM
If the weather's dry Bognor could be on the cards from here. Anyone from the Wits/Hants area fancy a gentle (spirited!) ride across?

slob
01-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Why don't we just do a run through Kent, into Sussex/Surrey for the day instead on April 9th ?
Lunch on the sea-front at Bognor Regis ?

Sounds good to me

Char
01-03-2016, 11:29 AM
us to if we're not moving house and its dry happy to ride over with anyone else from Wilts

not quite frites in a van but recommended

http://yeoldefishandchips.co.uk/#_=_

J.P
01-03-2016, 11:47 AM
us to if we're not moving house and its dry happy to ride over with anyone else from Wilts

not quite frites in a van but recommended

http://yeoldefishandchips.co.uk/#_=_

Place looks good, but I'm pretty sure we'll need somewhere inside to warm up and that doesn't look like it has an inside ?

J.P
01-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Thread started

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=523944#post523944

Italiatwin
10-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Hmmm, so far I am doing......

Assen GP, followed by 7/8 days bimble through Germany and home up through France.
Bike Bonanza at Mallory in July, and GP at Silverstone.

👍👏😜

Dirty
10-03-2016, 08:57 PM
I‘ve charged 2 batteries and started the monster up :)