PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 6th Feb - Surbiton

slob
03-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Hi folks

it's that time again, a slight change of plan this month.
heading a little further afield, which may suit the SW Londoners as well as Surreyites.
Alessio (Puddu82, who some of you will remember on his M1100s from numerous tunnel runs) Has just opened an Italian restaurant

Casa Viva
92 Ewell Rd,
Surbiton
KT6 6EX

Maybe see you there for coffee and a chat between 1 and 2pm Saturday

Ursa
03-02-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm not going to make this month's meet am afraid, I'm entertaining this weekend.

Let us know what the restaurant is like! :thumbsup:

yusaf1
03-02-2016, 11:36 AM
I'll try to pop in as I'll be in the area

MrsC_772
03-02-2016, 07:34 PM
I could normally be persuaded to venture as far as Surbiton on 2 wheels (can't be much worse than my daily commute to Weybridge) even though I'm too chicken to ride in London proper, but unfortunately can't make this one.

If the restaurant is any good, I'd be up for a future meet there.

Saint aka ML
04-02-2016, 07:12 AM
I am up for that, what time? Weather not to good so good place to hide after.

ladybird
05-02-2016, 07:23 AM
typical! I'll actually be going into town to meet my dad.
don't suppose you want to make me coffee for breakfast before I go :)

Sirc
05-02-2016, 08:23 AM
hope to be there

https://www.kingston.gov.uk/info/200258/street_parking/621/motorcycle_parking

slob
05-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Lots of parking space round the back apparently

Saint aka ML
05-02-2016, 09:58 AM
What time?

Saint aka ML
05-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Uh sorry spotted 13:00-14:00 so I will be there 13:00-13:30

Flip
05-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Weather permitting I hope to get along for this too.
Be good to give the bike a bit of a run out!!

Saint aka ML
06-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Nice place you guys get a move on

Saint aka ML
06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Ok hospital, bus stop, place, fire station one way

slob
06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Nice to see you all.
Antipasti, pasta, tiramasu... what's not to like?!
Watch this space for big screen MotoGP and Sardinian style roast dinners

:-D

Lukasz: I have no idea what you mean (as usual)

Flip
06-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Good to meet up although very briefly but had a good ride back down to the coast- and didn't get wet either way which was a bonus!!

What a lovely restaurant -credit to Alessio and all concerned. I will definitely be back!

slob
06-02-2016, 05:01 PM
windy though!
just started raining in East London about 6:15

Flip
06-02-2016, 07:08 PM
windy though!

Yes very, the A24 was really blustery with all the way home!!

I hope no one got punctures by the way- I picked up about a dozen screws and 'U' tacks from around the bikes before leaving.

Sirc
07-02-2016, 10:07 PM
can only reiterate above comments, first class food and service from Alessio at Casa Viva yesterday, we were all 'spoilt rotten'.

yusaf1
08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Nice to catch up again and Alessio was indeed a great host

Puddu82
16-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys

I was really great to see you all at my new restaurant and thank you for taking the time to visit us was really nice to meet some new people from our club and to see those lovely machines around our restaurant. I apologize for the state of the car park we are working on cleaning it up however it’s a bit of a battle with the landlord, so we’ve started ourselves, obviously not quite there yet, but we will sort out by your next visit. Any other comments are more than welcome.

We are planning to have some specially designed motorbike events in particular Moto GP days, we are currently looking at installing a state of the art system to view the races on large TV and Projector screens in the private dining area, also working on show boating some new Ducati’s in the restaurant, (Hopefully)

It’s still a working progress however we are looking to start with the Moto GP’s, especially on race days, to provide a three course lunch menu, including coffee, for a reasonable price of £15 per person or we could organise a pyjama party and watch it live??

PRE-BOOKING WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Our Executive Head Chef, Ennio, drafted in from Napoli will create the most amazing menu. Or alternatively you could try the Traditional Sardinian Roasted Suckling Pig or the Sea Bass in Salt Crust, off the Al a Carte menu

We have just launched a new website www.casa-viva.co.uk for more info about other events and offers! And or if you techno guys have any comments on the web that would also be appreciated.

Hope to see you all soon and looking forward to get complains from the Surbiton neighborhood regarding the noise from your pipes, keep em loud & hot!!!!

Best,

Alessio

slob
16-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Brilliant Alessio.
Live it's 1500hrs UK time (Moto3) to about 1900hrs (MotoGP 1800hrs) on Sunday 20th March if you'll be ready in time for Qatar.
I'm looking forward to another trip to Surbia.

Puddu82
16-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Brilliant Alessio.
Live it's 1500hrs UK time (Moto3) to about 1900hrs (MotoGP 1800hrs) on Sunday 20th March if you'll be ready in time for Qatar.
I'm looking forward to another trip to Surbia.

Sound`s Good!

Maybe we can have a late lunch and then watch the race live through the evening .
Can you suggest the best option to watch it without issues?Maybe buy the race on streaming on the web and attach the projector to the laptop or I have a sky box(untested) downstairs but I will prefer to watch it on the main floor in the back of the restaurant in order to keep all that area for us.

Let catch up before the 20th!

see you soon

Dirty
16-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi Guys

I was really great to see you all at my new restaurant and thank you for taking the time to visit us was really nice to meet some new people from our club and to see those lovely machines around our restaurant. I apologize for the state of the car park we are working on cleaning it up however it’s a bit of a battle with the landlord, so we’ve started ourselves, obviously not quite there yet, but we will sort out by your next visit. Any other comments are more than welcome.

We are planning to have some specially designed motorbike events in particular Moto GP days, we are currently looking at installing a state of the art system to view the races on large TV and Projector screens in the private dining area, also working on show boating some new Ducati’s in the restaurant, (Hopefully)

It’s still a working progress however we are looking to start with the Moto GP’s, especially on race days, to provide a three course lunch menu, including coffee, for a reasonable price of £15 per person or we could organise a pyjama party and watch it live??

PRE-BOOKING WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Our Executive Head Chef, Ennio, drafted in from Napoli will create the most amazing menu. Or alternatively you could try the Traditional Sardinian Roasted Suckling Pig or the Sea Bass in Salt Crust, off the Al a Carte menu

We have just launched a new website www.casa-viva.co.uk for more info about other events and offers! And or if you techno guys have any comments on the web that would also be appreciated.

Hope to see you all soon and looking forward to get complains from the Surbiton neighborhood regarding the noise from your pipes, keep em loud & hot!!!!

Best,

Alessio

Looks great. Sorry I couldn't make the last one. Will hopefully be down for the next or a MGP day/evening.

MrsC_772
16-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Great idea - I'd be up for lunch & MotoGP.

jonzi
16-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Sound`s Good!

Maybe we can have a late lunch and then watch the race live through the evening .
Can you suggest the best option to watch it without issues?Maybe buy the race on streaming on the web and attach the projector to the laptop or I have a sky box(untested) downstairs but I will prefer to watch it on the main floor in the back of the restaurant in order to keep all that area for us.

Let catch up before the 20th!

see you soon

You could sign up to motogp.com just over £100 a year to live stream. I use it and it's pretty good.

You should check the licence you have with Sky, you might not be able to legally play the race in a venue. I know that pubs have to have a special sky subscription for the football

Depending how things go, I might be up for the first race, if I do make it, then we can use my motogp sub to watch it.