PDA

View Full Version : Tasteful - wire wheels and diff back end

NattyBoy
20-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Just spotted this. Very tasteful and subtle. I really like the back end..half way between a tea tray and a full chop! (not sure what the back guard is ??). Thought you might like to see this Byron ref; the wheels !!

One of those bikes that the more you look at it the more mods you notice (road racing exhaust, brembo full floater discs, indicators in the end of the bars, tasty rearsets etc...)

Anyone like it ??

Nat

A Yerbury
20-02-2004, 02:17 PM
rizoma sprocket cover... yeah it is a bit "bo" .not a fan of bar end flickers tho and have yet to make mind up about rr exhauxts. the wheels look luvly - my ex had a 750 zephyr with harris pipe and chrome wheels (the reto z 1 styled one) but i didnt think wire would look so good on a monster. I was wrong.
It could do with rental or clip ons imo.

Big "Al"

Kev Bunney
20-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Agree about the zorst, may look better polished, don`t really like em though, the wheels look really nice, a bugger to keep them nice though !

Byron Kauffman
20-02-2004, 03:54 PM
The rear mudguard looks like the standard secondary mudguard that hangs under the tea tray. I think he partially cut the subframe leaving enough to re- attach the secondary mudguard in the new psition with indicators stuck on the sides. There was a company making carbon or fiberglass units that did the same thing so it could be one of those kits. I thought they only work on the earlier rear subframe design so you dont see them as much as the new designs.

I hate the thought of cleaning the wires too but the bill is here so it is too late for me to change now.
Yesterday I picked up the new wheel bearings and headed over to the machine shop. The front hubs need machining for the larger 25mm front axle. The wheel is also 4mm narrower than the stock wheel at the outside of the bearings. I will have the machining done to correct this by keeping the bearings out 2mm on each side. Then I can use the standard center hub spacer from my old wheel.
I need to make a 3mm spacer for the speedo drive so it clears the rotor bolts. Everything else looks like it will work as-is.
I have the tires, tubes, rim bands ready to go. I will pull the rotors apart for fresh paint before I put them on the new wheels.
With any luck it will be on the road soon.

Pedro
20-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Nat

you know tea trays make sense - thou shalt not cut!!

You'll have no where to put your cuppa!

Ped

Albie
20-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Mr Yerbury I agree wuth you .Indicators look orrid .might as well not have em.to many other places to put them than there. Exhaust ok ish but i prefer to see some.Its another form of art an exhaust. there are good and bad it can set some apart from others. Nice wheels but oh the cleaning .Good luck Byron

spacemonkey
21-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Looks nice.
Do's: wheels, exhaust, overall design

Don'ts: rear 'chop', indicators on barends, too tight chain

Oh, and sod the cleaning. Dirt is good..

A Yerbury
21-02-2004, 11:43 AM
bar end lights look ridiculous face on and also f**k up traffic filtering.
yes dirt is good sometimes, like in unpasteurised cheese production or in the boudoir! but not on yer spokes man! thats just dirty!
alex "dutty bwoy" yerbury