PDA

View Full Version : Cat & Fiddle pub - closed 'until further notice'

EvoAde
28-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Just had a ride up to the Cat & Fiddle today; which is very unusual for the 28th December as it's usually closed because of snow. Looks like the new landlords have given up. Not surprising really as the business there is so weather dependent that it must be really difficult to make a living.

I'll report back when\if it re-opens.

garry
28-12-2015, 06:53 PM
aye, just read the opening times, should be open.

i do hope its not the end of it..

http://www.catandfiddleinn.com/index.php/opening-times

EvoAde
29-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks Garry.

I'm up there regularly so let's hope it re-opens. The tea rooms nearby do a great afternoon tea Thursday to Sunday, but it's not really a biker venue.

EvoAde
19-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Apparently it's shut pending a new landlord. I'll update when it re-opens.

garry
19-01-2016, 07:31 PM
crying shame, is it robinsons who own it ?

EvoAde
21-01-2016, 05:00 PM
It doesn't say who owns the pub on the website but it looks like it's re-opening soon.

Cut and pasted from website:
The Cat & Fiddle is the 2nd highest pub in England, situated between Buxton & Macclesfield in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales and High Peak.
We are dog, walking boot, rucksack and ski friendly, and will be shortly re-arranging the premises to include a bike safe area & outside tea and coffee facilities for those who want a brief rest and shelter.
With renovation & redecoration, a new chef with a fresh menu as well as live music nights, The Cat & Fiddle is a cosy, inviting place to meet friends, chill and relax.

Dukedesmo
21-01-2016, 05:22 PM
We are dog, walking boot, rucksack and ski friendly

Is there a lot of skiing on the Cat & Fiddle then?...

EvoAde
22-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Maybe there is; I'm not up there on my bike when it's skiing weather...

utopia
22-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I've only ever been there by chance, flashing past a couple of times in the dead of night.
In those circumstances its always struck me as a magical place, looming dreamlike out of the mists in the middle of nowhere.
Love the place.

I note that they do live music.
I know a decent band who would travel that far.
Anyone fancy a UKMOC night up there ?
Just an idea at this stage, but if there's enough interest I could look into making some arrangements.
Maybe a day's rideout followed by an evening gig ?
Your thoughts .....?

Darren69
22-01-2016, 02:20 PM
I might be up for that. Wouldn't fancy negotiating that road at night though, too many sheep!

DrD
22-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I might be up for that. Wouldn't fancy negotiating that road at night though, too many sheep!
.. and wallabies!:chuckle:

Darren69
22-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Aye at night maybe, not ever seen one myself though. I think they would probably run but sheep just stand there in the road.

Dirty
22-01-2016, 03:01 PM
.. and wallabies!:chuckle:

And wallys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjB9fszqXDI

EvoAde
23-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm up for that. I live 16 miles away, so not a long way for me! Only problem is that the Cat & Fiddle has it's own (sometimes challenging) microclimate so check the forecast before heading up there (and wear your thermals)...

smiffyraf1
23-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Sounds good