smiffyraf1
13-12-2015, 02:25 PM
come on steeev. give us some pictures and at least a ballpark figure :D

Steeev2
13-12-2015, 04:53 PM
The bike is now sold

Dookbob
13-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Lovely clean bike there, someone is going to want it I,m sure.

Dukedesmo
13-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Looks great, someone will get a nice bike.

Won't be me, I'm not buying any more bikes. :thumbsdown:

For a while anyway... ;)

smiffyraf1
13-12-2015, 09:44 PM
yep tis a lovely clean one. i do like them dark engine cases.

Bonzo
14-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Good price too :thumbsup:

....probably :twak:

singletrack
19-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Can you tell us roughly how much you want for it?

Steeev2
20-12-2015, 05:24 PM
The bike is now sold

smiffyraf1
20-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I think thats a good price and id be surprised if it hung around for long even out of season. The 750 is such a good all rounder. When were the belts done?

Steeev2
22-12-2015, 12:35 PM
The bike is now sold

bluestoesonnose
23-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Too expensive, you'd "have to want one" to pay that for it at this time of year, as good as a M750 is (and it is a good bike we have one) it's now fits into the first big bike engine size and thats a saturated market. With the deals you get on new bikes and even used bikes at dealers I'm not surprised its not selling. Older M series monsters are now looking their age hard and expensive to get hop up parts for and that combined with the percieved high Ducati upkeep costs and electrical woes do put people off.

Mr Gazza
23-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Too expensive, .

I think you're being a bit harsh mate..

That's a really good example of a nice model, in exeptionaly good condition with low mileage.

Compare the price to, say a Commando, Bonnie or Trident, and then think about how much nicer a motorbike you are getting for soooo much less money.

A carbed Monster has a lot to offer over a 2016 model too, in terms of simplicity and "classic" appeal...Not only at a much lower price, but as an appreciating asset too.

Of course if it were me buying...I would haggle for sure...But it would be difficult to find a bargaining point on that baby...:D

uksurfer
23-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Too expensive, you'd "have to want one" to pay that for it at this time of year, as good as a M750 is (and it is a good bike we have one) it's now fits into the first big bike engine size and thats a saturated market. With the deals you get on new bikes and even used bikes at dealers I'm not surprised its not selling. Older M series monsters are now looking their age hard and expensive to get hop up parts for and that combined with the percieved high Ducati upkeep costs and electrical woes do put people off.

Good price for a well looked after bike, shame on your comments

squarehead
23-12-2015, 05:57 PM

No need for that Phill, there will be someone out there who 'wants one'. Your comments are hardly going to help a fellow UKMOC member.

IMHO looks to be a very tidy bike and properly maintained too, well worth a look :thumbsup: Hopefully it goes to a forum member who cherishes it as you have Steve.

mutley
23-12-2015, 06:31 PM
thats a really nice bike for a fair price with some really nice bits on it :-)

Dirty
23-12-2015, 07:03 PM
I have to 'want' anything I pay money for!

buzzbomb
23-12-2015, 09:09 PM
thats a really nice bike for a fair price with some really nice bits on it :-)

I have to agree with mutely and don't understand why members have to comment when they've no interest in purchasing for themselves, yes as uksurfer's says "shame on you"

bluestoesonnose
24-12-2015, 06:09 AM
No need for that Phill, there will be someone out there who 'wants one'. Your comments are hardly going to help a fellow UKMOC member.

IMHO looks to be a very tidy bike and properly maintained too, well worth a look :thumbsup: Hopefully it goes to a forum member who cherishes it as you have Steve.

Not allowed to say it as it is now, have we really gone that PC?

utopia
24-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Well, I guess there was no need for any of us to comment but at the time that Phil first posted, a consensus was building which suggested that the price was right.
To be honest, I'm inclined to agree that its a bit on the high side.

My 750 is 3yrs younger, just as tidy, similar ownership history and has more upgrades ...I might ask £2k for it because I value it that highly myself, but I wouldn't expect to get it.
Looking at it from another angle, I know that a 750 can be a lifetime's passion and if you want a good one to keep long term, this one would fit the bill nicely ... but you'd be paying a premium price, and such customers might be few and far between, particularly in the wintertime .... and by summer 2016 it'll seem like the bike is a year older.
For the record, I actually value mine at over £10k ... which is one reason why I'll never sell it.

Support for a member who's selling is all very well but what about support for the buying member too ?

I'm not taking sides here either way, but I don't think Phill's comments were particularly out of place, and were certainly not "shameful".
In fact I've had a similar post drafted for two days myself, but I've held back from posting up 'til now.
It was a close run thing when Singletrack expressed a possible interest though.

The sentiment behind a post can easily get swamped by the issues surrounding communication by written rather than spoken word.

Good luck with the sale.
Though I would advise you to keep it yourself.
Particularly at that price .....:D
:twak:

FLATTOP
24-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Blues is entitled to his opinion, but in my opinion and we've all got them if I was looking for an M750 I would buy that in a blink of an eye when you spend money a week a month later you forget about it but you've still got a fine example which is what we all look for.

A decent M900 is 2500 and slightly more for the M1000 a bargain me thinks.

Have a great Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to all.

smiffyraf1
24-12-2015, 02:09 PM
as has been said everyone does have the right to an opinion i just feel a bit more tact could have been used here. do people really think this is overpriced too?! i genuinely would have snapped their hand off at that price had this come up 5 months ago when i was looking. i bought my 750 for not much less but had higher mileage wasnt as original and needed a bit of work and i thought id committed a crime. As utopia has said im sure if we had a gun put to our head and had to put a value on our bikes not just for bits added but sentimental value many of them would be double market value. id happily pay a lot over the book price for a bike i know has been loved and cherished and looked after, and actually did recently and have no regrets.
this is one of those bikes

Tcturbo
28-12-2015, 06:31 AM
1998 Ducati M750 red, absolutely immaculate condition, (photos available if interested). One owner since 6 weeks old, only 7600 miles. Spark Carbon Exhausts, nose screen, belly pan. Full service and MOT history. Dateless registration number available also too. Offers?
Hi,
I am interested in finding out more details on your bike for sale with a genuine interest in buying but as a new MOC user I am not sure how we exchange numbers, email etc......please advise me.
Thanks

Mr Gazza
28-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Then click on "Send private message to Steeev2".

Don't forget to put something in the "title" box or the message will not go.

You should get an email notification when Steve replies, or a pop up on here when you log on, otherwise keep an eye on "Notifications" just below your username on the bottom left of the title banner of this page.

Good luck with the deal...:thumbsup:

utopia
28-12-2015, 10:00 AM
And if you do buy it, be prepared to fall in love.
I did and now I'm hopelessly besotted.

Tcturbo
28-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi....not sure if you are getting my private messages.....new to the site.....trying everything everbody suggests but no response even though (according to my use of the site) you have been signed since I sent them. If the bike is no longer available please say and I can move on...if available please let me know
.thanks.

Mr Gazza
28-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Doh!....Sorry chap. I've just realised I have steeev2's email from when he sent me his photos to post up..Should have sent it to you earlier.....You now have a PM.

Tcturbo
28-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Thanks Mr G....mail sent

Steeev2
24-01-2016, 10:34 AM
FYI Bluestoesonnose, It was actually a 'bike for sale' ad not a subject for an Oxford Union debate. Despite your best endeavours there was still plenty of interest in the bike and I could have sold it several times over, thanks for all your kind help and assistance in this matter!

Nottsbiker
24-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Wind your neck in Mr 5 posts!

Whilst I can appreciate it's annoying getting some helpful / unhelpful comments from others but it's fair to point out you came on here for free and have sold a bike (maybe via here) for no cost or other input.

Buy another Ducati or Monster and all will be forgiven ;)