PDA

View Full Version : It's been a little while...

Nwsparky
12-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Nice to be back! Well it's been an interesting couple of biking years, i moved on from my reintroductary little 620 monster to a gsr750, GSXR 600, Ducati 848 and then got my current GSXR 750 yoshimura ltd edition. I've had fun and enjoyed them all but I've had enough of stiff wrists, knees and shoulders. I also find it very tempting to ride at silly speeds whenever I get chance to go out instead of enjoying the riding experience. I thought the 848 was the most gorgeous bike ever but it was a bit tall for me and I found it stalled quite a bit which was doubtless my fault but I just never felt in charge of it more the other way around! Anyway I've started looking for my next fix and after sitting on an 821 monster at the bike show I've been looking very admiringly at them. I fancy a naked again, something comfy with style and decent power plus low seat height. The 821 looks a very attractive option. Is the engine similar to live with to the engine in the 2010 848 that I had? My friends ride a z1000 and 675 Daytona and we're going to the TT together next year, I'd like to keep up with them without to much effort. I'm probably quickest through the bends. There's no other nakeds that compare to the monster looks wise, I'd like to get on with one that can give me the thrill of the gixxer without the aches and pains. Hope everyone's well.

jerry
13-12-2015, 09:52 AM
welcome back Sparky 821 seems a very balanced bike , power vs capability ,, it seems a tad bihher than the M620 or 750 ,,,

Albie
13-12-2015, 11:11 AM
I reckon the 821 will suit you nicely. Not heard many bad things about them. Oh and welcome back.

Nwsparky
22-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Happy to say the 'stripe' is locked up safely in its den, Geoff from Manchester Ducati dropped it off and stayed for a chat and helped me drop the seat, great guy and hope to get out on a ride sometime with him. No time to get acquainted with it today, had a quick listen to the termis. Should have time and weather to get to know the 821 tomorrow.