PDA

View Full Version : Loobman fan

jerry
12-12-2015, 12:24 PM
i fitted a loobman to my M750 last year its been such a great thing for £20 that i fitted one now to my S4 also works really well ,,,

rear end is cleaner , chains are nicely lubed with 10-40w engine oil and cleaner with less sticky goup to collect grit .

NewMon
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
I may try one of these. I recently removed the Scottoiler from my Monster. Now I'm a big fan of the Scottoiler and they certainly make chains last forever. BUT I got fed up with the mess and the pipe got in the way of my admittedly rubbish centre stand. I've been using the sticky white stuff but I keep forgetting to do it so I will probably have to buy new chains more often... The loobman looks a bit mad at first glance but it's so cheap, it's worth a try.

jerry
13-12-2015, 03:11 AM
its a bit fiddly to work out but once fitted its easy to maintain ,and adjust i put extra small tie wraps on the oil delivery forks to keep them tight , have had to replace the feeder ties on the M750 once in 15 months ,, only press the delivery button for 5 seconds and there is enough oil for over 100miles ,,

reservoir holds enough for about 3000 miles

Darren69
13-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm not familiar with the loobman but have had scottoilers on my bikes in the past and they are great for chain life but do make a mess. I found the scottoil still works great on the chain if applied manually every 500 miles or so and its not like the sticky gloop chainlube so the chain looks like new after a quick wipe over and re-oil.