PDA

View Full Version : S2R for sale in Aberdeen

Drumnagorrach
08-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Spotted a Red S2R 06 reg in moto-meccanica In Aberdeen this afternoon .
!2,000 miles a bit tarnished on the clutch case and not as shiny as mine but I was informed it is being sold for a customer and he probably would accept £3000.
https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Meccanica-645566762153418/

Just saying

johndo
12-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Spotted a Red S2R 06 reg in moto-meccanica In Aberdeen this afternoon .
!2,000 miles a bit tarnished on the clutch case and not as shiny as mine but I was informed it is being sold for a customer and he probably would accept £3000.
https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Meccanica-645566762153418/

Just saying

The bike would have been ideal if shiny, looking for one in tip top condition.

Drumnagorrach
12-12-2015, 09:42 PM
It is £1500 less than I paid for mine and lower mileage ,it just needs polishing,and a termi system fitting

johndo
15-12-2015, 09:00 PM
How was the engine paint,if starts flaking I know its a comonl Ducati problem on bikes around this period I know form my own bike and a pain to get looking good again.

Drumnagorrach
15-12-2015, 09:38 PM
From what I remember, there was some bubling on the cases around the clutch. But I think you could get a very low mileage S2R for a very good price. A bit of sanding ,wire brushing ,masking and re spraying ,really isnt a big deal.Its not far away ,have a look .

Nottsbiker
16-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Sounds like the ideal excuse for some NCR cases ; )

Drumnagorrach
16-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Close inspection of the photos looks like its an800 ,doesn't state its a thou and it looks to have a wet clutch.

Dave G
16-12-2015, 11:45 AM
It is an 800, belt covers and brake calipers are the most immediate clues.
Nowt wrong with the 800 though, just a bit revvier than the bigger engined model and it's a joy through town.

Drumnagorrach
16-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes,now I see ,missing the plug leads through the belt cover.

johndo
17-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Tried to give them a call for more details don't seem to be open over last few days.

johndo
17-12-2015, 09:02 PM
From what I remember, there was some bubling on the cases around the clutch. But I think you could get a very low mileage S2R for a very good price. A bit of sanding ,wire brushing ,masking and re spraying ,really isnt a big deal.Its not far away ,have a look .

It's a bit of work getting the paint to get paint to match its hard enough on the barrels, casings are even harder,had to touch in bits on my Multi.But if you are to do it you can put on some etch primer which Ducati seem to miss out on!

Drumnagorrach
18-12-2015, 07:04 AM
Tried to give them a call for more details don't seem to be open over last few days.

They have shut for Crimbo but there is a phone no on the face book for the owner .

johndo
18-12-2015, 04:11 PM
It is an 800, belt covers and brake calipers are the most immediate clues.
Nowt wrong with the 800 though, just a bit revvier than the bigger engined model and it's a joy through town.

Davy G

Don't you be telling my sister I am looking for another bike!
Is your's an 800?

Dave G
18-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Mine is an 800 and I never felt that it was missing out on power on the road, it's just different from the 1000 ( the same motor as my SC).

Unfortunately it didn't turn a wheel this year, got as far as insuring it but never had the opportunity to get it MOT'd.
That's what happens when everyone else in the family has a full and exciting social life!:cry::mand:

johndo
19-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Mine is an 800 and I never felt that it was missing out on power on the road, it's just different from the 1000 ( the same motor as my SC).

Unfortunately it didn't turn a wheel this year, got as far as insuring it but never had the opportunity to get it MOT'd.
That's what happens when everyone else in the family has a full and exciting social life!:cry::mand:

last time I was down at West Kilbride the Multi would not tick over when warm, still not got it sorted replaced engine temp and air temp sensors, will need to get family mechanic on the case next time he is up.

Dave G
19-12-2015, 04:44 PM
last time I was down at West Kilbride the Multi would not tick over when warm, still not got it sorted replaced engine temp and air temp sensors, will need to get family mechanic on the case next time he is up.

Click!:idea: Ah, Hi John, didn't see you last time but Andy told me it wasn't cooperating.

Seeing A&M later tonight, my SC is now laid up with the tank hung up to see if it'll shrink back to it's original size, hopefully a few months with no fuel in it will persuade it to do so.

johndo
19-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Click!:idea: Ah, Hi John, didn't see you last time but Andy told me it wasn't cooperating.

Seeing A&M later tonight, my SC is now laid up with the tank hung up to see if it'll shrink back to it's original size, hopefully a few months with no fuel in it will persuade it to do so.

have you got the benzene problem?I run the fuel down on mine but had to add more to try get it running, but still no success, will have to get Derek to look at it when back on the road.
But would rather get it running as not easy to balance throttle clutch and brake with one hand when it wont tickover!

Dave G
19-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Ethanol has swelled both tanks, only slightly, but the MOT tester mentioned clearances trapping thumbs on the bars and it annoyed me that even a small size increase will have an effect that could fail me an MOT.

Derek?, ...Derek Blackie?

johndo
19-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Ethanol has swelled both tanks, only slightly, but the MOT tester mentioned clearances trapping thumbs on the bars and it annoyed me that even a small size increase will have an effect that could fail me an MOT.

Derek?, ...Derek Blackie?

Yes its Ethanol not Benzine that's the nasty stuff.

Ye Derek Blackie