PDA

View Full Version : m900 shock linkage bearing insert

Andy B
01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi guys,

Numpty moment by me - got the monster stripped down ready for a winter rebuild, and i've gone and misplaced one of the inserts the bolt goes through for the shock linkage whilst i've been removing the needle roller bearings :twak: - was getting all the bits together earlier and I only had one... D'oh!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r240/lowdowndirtyzook/Annabels%20Monster/29_zpsgvscgzhl.jpg

soooo.... i feel it's probably a long shot, but does anyone have one of the inserts to fit in the pivot shown above? or if you can buy them new separately feel free to point me in the right direction :thumbsup:

Andy

Mr Gazza
01-12-2015, 05:19 PM
If no one on here offers you one, Moto Rapido would certainly be able to get you one if they are still listed.

Andy B
01-12-2015, 05:47 PM
i should have given them a call earlier if i'd have thought on... nevermind will try tomorrow and see how much it would be - i think working in the motor trade has made me reluctant to ring main dealers knowing how much of a rip off they can be compared to the usual factors we use... but i must admit moto rapido have surprised me on a couple of occasions how reasonably priced stuff can be.....

I have found a couple of complete linkages on ebay reasonably priced as a last resort, although listed for a 600 and one for a 750 - i'm guessing they're all going to be the same - anyone able to confirm?

Cheers,
Andy

Flip
01-12-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm sure they'll still be listed as most of the bearings and quite obscure things I've replaced haven't been a problem for them to get, and don't forget to ask for your 10% club discount- every little helps!!

icky s
03-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Hi Andy
You could go for a complete new one if you don't mind taking a chance with customs?
Seems cheap??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171877363486

Although they say for a 600/750 the pat number seems to be correct for the M900.

Albie
03-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Hi Andy
You could go for a complete new one if you don't mind taking a chance with customs?
Seems cheap??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171877363486

Although they say for a 600/750 the pat number seems to be correct for the M900.

I bought a few bits off of him lately and he is a very good seller.

maxxjod
04-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Don't know if this would help you out -

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52529

Make me an offer, i am fed up of tripping over it in the garage.

Andy B
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
ended up buying a second hand one on ebay that looked in good nick yesterday for 15 quid posted... having a look at my linkage the ali's gone all funny one on of the bearing holes... just cosmetic im sure, but still....

pity i hadnt seen the complete swingarm in time... i may have considered it.. but then promptly been moaned at for buying more stuff that was 'essential' ;)

utopia
04-12-2015, 08:43 PM
A slightly curved ball ....
I've been pondering the geometry/dynamics of the suspension linkage for some time now and I've had a notion to set my bike up with the shock replaced with a measuring device of some kind, in order to plot wheel travel against shock compression and thus quantify the "progressive" nature of the suspension linkage.
However, I then realised that I have a spare frame and will shortly have a spare swingarm too, so I might as well construct a life size model out of those rather than mess around on the bike itself.
I could also then plot the changes that occur for different amounts of hoop extension, which might prove very interesting.
Anyway, you can probably see where this is going.
If you end up with a spare rocker for sale, could it be cheap enough for my purposes ?
I could easily re-bush it with anything really as it wouldn't be seeing active service.
Then again, if you have a polished ally fetish like I do, then I feel bound to point out that you'd be well advised to hang on to it.
Worth an ask though, I thought.

Andy B
06-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Not sure it would be of much use to you to be honest - the seller i got the replacement off ebay had another for £16ish that would probably work out cheaper than mine in the long run even if i only wanted the postage covering - afterall, I only wanted/needed a replacement as i'm missing one of the inserts that the bolt goes through, AND i've removed the needle bearings which last check on ebay - budget ones were about £6.50, skf were closer to £15...

i'll probably just have it as an elaborate paper weight...