PDA

View Full Version : Not so Bad after all

jerry
29-11-2015, 02:41 AM
after 10 months away from thailand , i finally got the courage to return ,, to be honest i was worried that thaioland might trigger all the negativities that caused such a mega breakdown in January ,, i have enjoyed my first full spring summer and autumn in UK for 14 years immensly ,, thanks to my M750 and lovely sussex countryside ,
well i have been here 2 weeks and so far so good ,, im mellow , even when things dont go to plan ,, i have adopted ''Thai thinking'' thats basicly dont give a toss ,,, ''Mai Pen Rai'' which means ''never mind '' or WTF !! ha ha , just chill and let it all go away as you cant change anything any way .....

my S4 is running perfectly , started first touch of the button after 10 months when i put the old battery in after a charge , already been riding the hell out of her ...

but there is a small 6cm long 5mm deep dink in the edge of front wheel rim caused by a pothole ,, tyre is OK no air loss no cracks and bike is ridable but i got to find a way or some place to have it fixed ???
unless anyone has a way of doing it DIY ???

cheers jerry

Dirty
29-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Sabai sabai :)

jerry
30-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Thanx Dirty ,,seen a few things that should trigger my anger and ire and my wife is giving me the silent treatment ,, but what the heck im still smiling and keeping KOOL if not cool as its hot 85f most of the time ....
but thailand aint cheap any more ... beer ,food ,entertainment , entrance to attractions ,supermarket prices ,cars, big bike stuff ,electronics ,opticians prices ,

household goods, electricity , phones ,car insurance , tyres , internet ,icecreams . all same price as UK so are decent clothes and shoes ,,,, the cheap stuff is crap...
street food and markets and thai food is no longer such a bargain by the time you had your fill your into £3-5
even the thais complain now , average wage is now £400 a month

wine ,decent tools , sports equipment ,entertainment ,, eating out now more expensive than UK even in Mcdonalds or Pizza hut its about 20% more ,, decent quality uppermarket restaurants also more expensive and portions much smaller ,,,

what is cheaper in Thailand ,,,,, Houses , apartments to buy or rent , petrol and diesel 40% cheaper ,small bikes less than 250cc about 40% cheaper , motorcycle insurance and road tax ,,,dentistry,,

when i first came here you could live like a king on £20 a day now you need £ 100 so that now one has to watch your pennies same as UK ...

tourists come and spend freely for 2 weeks living lives of luxury then thay are broke 20 years ago you could live luxury life for months and still have change ....its all changed like UK and Europe ,,
and do get me on about the traffic ... 10million more cars and 30 million more bikes has made traffic aweful....

but im still smiling

Greyman
01-12-2015, 06:34 PM
I had a similar 'problem' many years ago on a Cagiva Alazzurra & Alf Hagon (www.hagon-shocks.co.uk) sorted mine. Tho I see you're Brighton way & Motori Di Marino (http://www.dimarino.co.uk/) in West Chiltington may be able to help, they are always worth a visit as I consider it a proper olde style bike shop with a great showroom & an owner who loves bikes ! As for being back in the UK I'm coming up to 13 years back after being overseas for 13 years, can't wait to get back on a plane & out. But that's another story…

jerry
02-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Greyman , im not in Blighton at the moment ,, the S4 is in Thailand ,, but i have found a local place that can handle the repair

Greyman
03-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Ha, miss read your post & thought you had come back to this cold grey isle… Enjoy your xmas in the warm you lucky bloke !

jerry
09-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Its too bloody hot here wish it was 10centigrade cooler 24c instead of 34c but in UK it would be nice if it was 10c warmer ...and less rain

Darkness
09-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Its too bloody hot here wish it was 10centigrade cooler 24c instead of 34c ...................

Cheers Jerry: that's really cheering us up, knowing you are finding it a little too warm over there. :mand::mand:

Glad that things have settled down a bit for you though.