PDA

View Full Version : New Ducati owner soon....

MarkF
17-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Hope to be picking up my 821 this week, always wanted a Ducati and the opportunity has arisen, watch it snow next week....

Chopping in a BMW 1200GS which I just cannot get on with as its a bit tall for me and I bought it for touring which never happened in the end came to the conclusion its not a bike for scratching with your mates nor popping down the shops on.

Test ride on the 821 turned the clock back 30 years for me, apart from the hair bit, felt good to be alive again.

Cheers

Mark

Dirty
17-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Hello and welcome

Great bike, best forum :)

J.P
17-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Good on your Mark for picking what's fun.
The 821 is plenty pratical, as are most of the modern Monsters anyway.

I've done a few bits to mine so if you want to ask anything just post up on the forum and we'll help out.

slinemfc
17-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi All,

Hope to be picking up my 821 this week, always wanted a Ducati and the opportunity has arisen, watch it snow next week....

Chopping in a BMW 1200GS which I just cannot get on with as its a bit tall for me and I bought it for touring which never happened in the end came to the conclusion its not a bike for scratching with your mates nor popping down the shops on.

Test ride on the 821 turned the clock back 30 years for me, apart from the hair bit, felt good to be alive again.

Cheers

Mark

Congratulations MarkF, I bit the bullet on a new 1200s Stripe couple of weeks ago. Have to say that the weather has been kind so I hope the same for you 😉

MarkF
17-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Thanks all, weather permitting collecting tomorrow, lower insurance class too so all it cost was the rip off admin fee and a lower excess to change bike.

My heart said get the 1200 but my head said nah, the 821 is plenty quick enough plus the miles I do I could not justify that extra expense.

Leathers all dusted off (circa 2000 Heine Gerick) :mand:

Dirty
17-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Ah, about tomorrow http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/uk-storm-barney-flooding-rain-damaging-winds-tuesday/53645799

pegboy
18-11-2015, 08:24 AM
congrats on your 821, I do like the look of them, and as mentioned above your in the right place, great forum

MarkF
18-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Oh well that was fun, bit blowy, dry all the way until I shook hands with the salesman, he went in and it started spitting as I put my helmet on. Poured down all the way home, selected the urban mode and found it a pleasure to ride in the wet TBH very smooth delivery enough power to overtake and tootle along.

Now to read the manual and wash it off, at least I don't have to worry about its first ride in the rain and losing the showroom shine. :thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
18-11-2015, 04:36 PM
That's blessed it then....:p