PDA

View Full Version : DOC Affiliation 2016

slob
16-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi all

Firstly thanks to everyone who's responded over last year's kits, There are still twenty-ish people who've either not responded or recently gone quiet, so please check your junk mail if you think you were missed out!

We're currently processing 2016 membership. Once again, this allows registered members to go on free factory tours, get discounts on DRE and events like WDW or EICMA, as well as participate in an special offers with Ducati UK.
I'm using the same form as before to capture member information,

If I've recently emailed you or you filled this in last year: THERE IS NO NEED TO FILL IT IN AGAIN
(please feel free to PM or email me rob(at)ukmonster(dot)co(dot)uk if you're not sure)

You are eligible if you are a forum user who owns a Monster and live in the UK,Republic of Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man etc. or an ex-pat Monster owner. We will also register your husband/wife/partner/girl or boy friend (after all there's not much point in getting a discount MotoGP grandstand ticket if you can't sit with your pillion)

If you fit the above description, please fill in and submit the form here
http://goo.gl/forms/wPVahgby85

Please also check the details match your information in the UKMOC UserCP
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/UserCP.jpg

For partners, pillions etc. who don't have their own UKMOC logon:
Under "UKMOC Forum Name" just put 'YourForumName'+1 but please make sure the email address is unique.
Under "Monster model" just put pillion and the other bike details don't really matter.

As ever, we won't share your details with anyone other than Ducati. We will also contact you when we receive any weclcome kits, to arrange collection or payment for postage, ensuring membership remains free.

Please note DOC is the Desmo Owners Club, run by the factory and not the DOCGB, which is a different factory affiliated UK Club.

hatchback
23-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Hello Slob,
I didn't spot this thread and have just received 2016 membership of DOC. However I would like to be a member of UKMOC out of preference. Are the two mutually exclusive?

hatchback

J.P
25-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Slob, as always

slob
25-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Hello Slob,
I didn't spot this thread and have just received 2016 membership of DOC. However I would like to be a member of UKMOC out of preference. Are the two mutually exclusive?

hatchback

No, there's nothing mutually exclusive about membership, I know one Italian who's a member of three different clubs and several of our members are in DSC, as it a requirement for entering the DD race series.
We will ask for postage for any membership packs as it allows us to keep the club free, others may not. The kit is Generic, so you'll end up with the same thing twice (or more).

... using your real name on the form will help however ;-)

slob
26-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who's responded to my emails so far and sent postage and even overpaid in some cases!
I sent out 40 odd welcome kits this morning and have arranged delivery of another couple of dozen (We can almost see our living room again!)
The factory have just let me know the signup deadline for the 2nd tranche of welcome kits is 5th June, they should be sent out in July. The final batch will come out sometime in October.
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/docwelcome16.jpg

gemantsdad
28-05-2016, 10:13 AM
hi Rob, my pack arrived this morning, very nice, cheers Tony

Darren69
28-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Rob,

Do I need to send any money before I get mine? I had last years but I can't remember if I paid before you sent it or not.

ChrisC2925
28-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Mine arrived this morning thanks, Rob. I think you should charge more, I'm sure most people wouldn't begrudge paying a couple of quid extra to help fund the site.

Thanks

Chris

SteveG
29-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Mine arrived Saturday. Thanks Rob!

:ukm:

Wasta
29-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Got mine Saturday. Again thanks Rob

MerlinPV12
30-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Recived mine, thanks Rob

Davy
30-05-2016, 10:31 PM
It's a scam... mine arrived and I still can't believe the price. I pay £12 to the ukgser I think we should pay something twords this sites up keep. Only saying....

FLATTOP
31-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Cheers Rob recieved.

BK56
06-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Mine arrived last week (at some point) many thanks Slob... The new design is a great improvement. I tend to agree with Davy, I think there could be a cost and a modest contribution ( not necessarily compulsory )

SteveG
07-06-2016, 07:42 PM
It's a scam... mine arrived and I still can't believe the price. I pay £12 to the ukgser I think we should pay something twords this sites up keep. Only saying....

Agree with that and all the other Folks who think the price for the membership goods is well understated.

IMO there is nothing to stop any UKMOC member gifting to support the site via PayPal to the UKMOC email address that was put out for the postage cost if they wish.

I know it isn't mandatory and it isn't asked for-probably because the ethos of the UKMOC appears to be a very friendly "not for profit" set up - but if like me you do value the site and appreciate the work Rob (and others) do for the members, either publicly or behind the scenes, then I think that is one option available to support and contribute voluntarily to help with the upkeep and maintenance of the site.

I know many support by giving time and input in other ways. Personally, I am more than happy to donate the price of the odd litre of oil as and when the opportunity arises. Well worth it.

slob
07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
...and several folks did, if people want to contribute something to the club some time would be more helpful than cash. money in itself can be devisive and destroy a club (seen that before) I'd much rather do what we do for free where possible and if we start to make any substantial sum it can go to charity. we can always use admin/moderation help and people prepared to become 'reps' to organise meetings and promote the club in under-represented areas... and besides reps don't forget the many members who've put together a weekender every year since i've been here, there's months of work in every one of those.

SteveG
07-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Words of wisdom Rob... As always. :) I will look for ways to support where possible.

Martin Duke
11-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Arrived last week - love the new design! Thanks for making it available, much appreciated.
Martin. :gromit: