PDA

View Full Version : The hype may be working on me...

Stinger101
11-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Well, I've put a deposit down at On Yer Bike for the new M1200R to see if it's worth the extra for the extra!
I have slightly modded my M1200S with a Remus Hypercone & gone down 1 tooth on the front so it's a tad lighter & quite a bit nippier on initial acceleration than standard. Perhaps the reported 160bhp will make a world of difference over the 145(ish) I have.
It's the ground clearance that I want feel. Perhaps I'm kidding myself & it's purely down to the better looking rear end & pegs.
I'll find out in February I'm told. :thumbsup::cool:

Also, it's sad news to report that St Neots Motorcycles are having to give up their Ducati franchise due to not being able to afford / fit in with the corporate image of the new Ducati spec showrooms. Ducati since 1994 & now not quite good enough... I'm not quoting any official words, just my own POV. I'll have to travel to Aylesbury to test the M1200R.

Grumpy
11-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Also, it's sad news to report that St Neots Motorcycles are having to give up their Ducati franchise due to not being able to afford / fit in with the corporate image of the new Ducati spec showrooms. Ducati since 1994 & now not quite good enough... I'm not quoting any official words, just my own POV. I'll have to travel to Aylesbury to test the M1200R.

Unfortunately this has been on the cards for a while,and I agree that it's a shame, dealers like St Neots are a dieing breed. The friendly nature and helpfulness doesn't fit into the corporate world of today.

jonzi
11-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Saw this on another forum

https://www.facebook.com/ducatistoke/posts/1652495368368234

Dmc moto who own Ducati manchester and Ducati preston are opening a new Ducati dealership in stoke on trent on saturday the 21st novemeber. its being opened by shane byrne who will be there all day for photos and a questions and answers session as well as offers on clothing, gear and some unbelievable offers on bikes including a Panigale R which will be being sold at cost price and available on a tri options pcp plan also.

J.P
12-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Stinger, I'm sure the 1200R will be fantastic. You'll be using that for your track bike in no time. :)