PDA

View Full Version : pinlock pins

Mark64
05-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi Guys, when cleaning my visor (Held ct1200 flip up carbon lid) I dropped one of the pinlock pins on the (laminate) floor & it broke in two!!?? does anyone know if the pins are universal or are they visor specific - I have ordered a new visor & insert but currently out of stock so I'm back to fairy liquid to prevent fogging up!!

any ideas?

jonzi
05-11-2015, 06:32 PM
no idea but you could try http://www.racevisors.co.uk/ they will probably be able to tell you

Mark64
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that Jonzi, I looked on their website and they have some 'universal' ones but Held isn't on the list- I will email them and find out.
Thanks again - Mark.

don_matese
06-11-2015, 10:30 AM
You can email the Held uk distributor - I had to do that for my HJC as the pinlock on those is a pinlock/tearoff combination. They don't normally sell them but they supplied me a couple of spares for free :)

Wildfire
07-11-2015, 08:34 AM
I've installed a few on non-equipped visors and from what I've seen the posts are the same, it's just the inserts that are different. It's not gospel though.

Mark64
09-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys, just got an email to to confirm, the 'universal' pinlock pins on the http://www.racevisors.co.uk/ site will fit my visor, thanks for the input guys.

Bonzo
11-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Sorry to vere off track, but I like the look of those Held Carbon lids.

How do you find it?

Mark64
12-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Hi Bonzo,

It's a great helmet - really light (1200gm - clue's in the name), I like flip up lids - best of both worlds, I had a Caberg Justissimo before but it was like having an ANVIL on your head - it weighed a TON, I was a bit dissapionted with the Held at first because the chinpiece isn't carbon - it's just black plastic but the hemet feels like a quality item - I would definitely buy another, the vents work well, it's pinlock ready (what a fantastic invention - bye bye fairy liquid!)it's got a fancy pants chin strap fastener - not seat belt type but very good, you can remove the visor without tools (and the visors & pinlocks are a reasonable price) try one if you can.

Btw you jammy bugger living on the Island - best road in the WORLD - bar none!!

Bonzo
12-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Btw you jammy bugger living on the Island - best road in the WORLD - bar none!!

Hah! I wouldn't want to be riding over the mountain tonight. Or anytime over the past few days come to think of it, but yeah, there are worse places to live I spose.

Thanks for the words on the Held.

I like flip up lids too. I find them very practical. I have a BMW system 6 and there's a lot to like about it. ...but it looks a bit ..er BMWish :dizzy:

I spotted the ct1200's over on FCMoto at a great price. Seriously tempted in the carbon/white colour scheme.