PDA

View Full Version : Help, advice needed.

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 03:26 PM
So left my parts for a paint job.

Now shop I left it with changed ownership, old owner sold business.

New owners claim they know nothing about it.

What can I do?

Dirty
05-11-2015, 03:39 PM
WDF! Didn't a similar thing happen with your engine? Are you using a directory of flaky firms?

Do you have any receipt or paperwork? Can you contact the previous owners?

slob
05-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Suggest to the new owner that they could contact the seller and find out, thus avoiding any need on your part to involve the authorities?

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Ok previous guy died. He was a friend so that one was just bad luck.

This one is different he just sold business. hey changed name said he is not the owner anymore and is gone. I only have old e-mail address of old company and conversation there.

Should I just tell them to contact him or I will contact authority, which authority if I need to contact somebody?

Do they have to help me? They are registered under same address.

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
They also kept same telephone numbers

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I have a feeling I got shafted as in e-mail I only mention frame and rims that I did get back.

All other bits were only mentioned on the job sheet they took when taking it all in. If that job sheet is gone I technically have no proof crap.

Drumnagorrach
05-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Just a few thoughts on the matter.
Do you think your parts are still in the paint shop ,could you ask to look for them ?
Would the new owner see any value in the parts , would he know what the parts were ,would he believe he could sell them on.
Most likely the new owner ,can't be bothered finding your parts,he might be glad for you to identify your parts.
I believe most people are basically decent, have you discussed the situation with the new owner ?

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Not yet only now dropped them an email, will see them Saturday. I think my parts might be with painter and if they do not know who that is....

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 07:28 PM
On quick phone chat they said they know nothing and if they speak to old owner will ask.

Dirty
05-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Now I'm confused. Where did you leave parts? Not at a paint shop?

Saint aka ML
05-11-2015, 08:07 PM
No mechanic, he was to first fix few bits which I seen it was done, then sent it away and gone.

popelli
06-11-2015, 05:23 AM
If they bought the shares in the existing company then you are still dealing with the same company you have a claim

If they bought the business the purchase agreement will clearly set out the status of work in progress, creditors debtors, forward work orders and deposits paid

There would be a element of goodwill in the purchase agreement.

They are flogging you off

You either have a claim against the former owner or a claim against the current owner

I suspect if the current owner has paid goodwill for the business you have a claim against him as he would have purchased existing / forward work order book and various items of stock and work in progress

Let us know when you are on Judge Rinder and take him to court

Saint aka ML
06-11-2015, 08:17 AM
I will be seeing them tomorrow so want to know what to say to get the ball moving.

How do I find out what he did/did not purchase.

By the looks of it they purchased everything as they have original number directed to them. Location is the same so website/name and owners changed.

DrD
06-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Go in with a printed list of parts missing, ensure that it is dated and signed by you.
Back it up with any evidence of those parts being there.

Kameloil
06-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Take all the Tunnel run crew with you to make a (loud) point

popelli
06-11-2015, 08:00 PM
By the looks of it they purchased everything as they have original number directed to them. Location is the same so website/name and owners changed.

from all appearances then they have bought the business warts and all

its up to them to prove that they are a different business, if they are trading under the same name with the same phone number you have a reasonable case

if you have no luck it does not cost much to go to the small claims court

if they can point liability at the previous owner they can do so in court until then they will %%%% you about

Dirty
08-11-2015, 08:38 PM
I will be seeing them tomorrow so want to know what to say to get the ball moving.

How did it go?

Saint aka ML
08-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Kind off ok.

I got spooked when new owner said old owner went back to Poland and that is it, finito. He was not at all helpful said if I see him will pass on your message.

Either he did or old owner is still as genuine as he always was.

He called me, said my parts being painted is about the last thing he has to finish and then he is out of the business but not out of the country and gave me his private mobile.

Let's hope it wall goes well.

Greyman
09-11-2015, 06:58 AM
I agree with Popelli, go see citizens advise & have a look on line about the small claims court, download & fill out the forms pay the fee & go serve the bloke with them, that'll get his attention. He has a duty of care. It's all a PITA but you need your parts back.

jerry
11-11-2015, 06:22 PM
name and shame >>>