PDA

View Full Version : Great sound from an 821

Bufort
30-10-2015, 07:37 AM
I was passed by an awesome sounding '14 Monster 821 on the Westway on the way home from work last night. Had to try to keep up with it on my Harley just to hear the sound.

EvoAde
30-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Yep, Ducati and Harley - best sounding bikes!

Scott1
31-10-2015, 08:40 AM
One passed me in the Blackwall tunnel last week, sounded fantastic, I think they look really good as well, especially the white and red one. Food for thought when I can no longer ride my old my Monster through London due to the incoming emissions regs. Either that or an Evo.

Ecko
02-12-2015, 11:58 PM
I turn heads where ever i go on my 821 (with termi's), often get other riders giving me the nod of approval at the lights :)

That said I did get 1 rider on a CBF600 saying I would have been better off with a KTM... knob.

I did get smoked by a harley which drowned my 821 out though... he was spitting flames and popping constantly!

I ride from East London to City everyday, keep an ear out :)

http://richardhau.com/download/IMG_4953.jpg

Davidg1230
04-12-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm sure I saw you back in Spring/Summer. I was riding my White Versys at the time and even filmed you with my GoPro as we filtered through the traffic near Aldgate. It was then that I convinced myself to get a black 821 with Termi's. Now waiting until Spring.

How are you finding the paintwork around the tank? is it scuffing at all? I've heard some horror staories about the decals pealing too. I'm nervous about what a bike cover would do everytime it was thrown over the bike during the winter.

Lovely bike....

Found the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVLqATcjd4

Go to 28.07 to see the 821, sure it was you?

J.P
04-12-2015, 10:35 AM
I

How are you finding the paintwork around the tank? is it scuffing at all? I've heard some horror staories about the decals pealing too. I'm nervous about what a bike cover would do everytime it was thrown over the bike during the winter.

I've had my 821 Stripe all year and ridden it hard, on track for most of the 2,500 miles. No problems with the tank in any way.
If you're putting a bike cover onit, just be sure to buy a good one with nice soft inside, Oxford stormX and rainX are good, never had problems.

Davidg1230
04-12-2015, 11:41 AM
It's only the matt black bikes that I've heard having the issue with scratches to the paint finish due to the lack of lacquer.

I can't wait to get back to a Ducati and a change to my job circumstances mean that this will hopefully happen early next spring.