PDA

View Full Version : Probably simple ...

Elffie
22-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi all

Apologies first as I am a total newbie numpty relating to anything bike technical related !

I have a S4R ( which I love) ...but recently, within the last month, when I fill up with fuel its leaking out the top of the tank..

I notice that you can hear bubbling round the little hole (technical term obviously!) to the left inside the rim of the tank. I sure im not overfilling..

I can see the piping but I dont have a clue how to get to it or which one to flush/blow through. I AM assuming that one of the pipes is blocked ?

So any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Dukedesmo
22-10-2015, 11:58 AM
One is a fuel overflow, the other is a breather (allows air in to replace the fuel used) they exit out the bottom of the tank separately but maybe linked together to give a single hose exiting out the bottom of the bike.

If they get disconnected from the filler or the hose breaks inside the tank then your fuel will empty over the floor/road.

Elffie
22-10-2015, 12:53 PM
thanks :) Its not actually emptying over the floor as such as its not coming out of the bottom of the tank. Its coming out of the filler cap, if i fill the tank like i have done a few months ago within minutes of leaving the petrol station it will slosh out of the top of the filler cap. When i got home and put it in the garage I could hear bubbling from inside the tank. I open the filler cap and it is bubbleing over the little hole and there is fuel around the rim of the tank

Hopefully that makes sense