PDA

View Full Version : How to document a project

Nottsbiker
21-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm going to be building up my 900 Monster this winter in my sisters garage (hopefully) as I have been unable to get mine built due to the rather typical time and money constraints.

A friend and I are doing a small bike related business now that will see us breaking the odd bike via ebay along with selling the odd complete bike to generate the money for my garage.

What I'd really like to find out is the best (read easiest) way to document / upload pictures here as I'm terrible using 3rd party websites like photobox etc. I'll be using my phone to take pictures so wondered if I can use Tapatalk as I already have that app on my S4?

Finally where do projects live on the forum?

Cheers - Ben

Albie
21-10-2015, 12:59 PM
This site isn't as easy as making a blog. Blogs are free and easy to upload whether via pc or smartphone or if you wish a photobucket type of media. I use my blog as a diary of work really and takes minutes to update. You can link it like I do on a signature.

Projects should live on Ukmoc bikes ..

Nottsbiker
21-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I was hoping that you'd come back with its really easy to upload pics onto the site now.....

Will get something together :)

jonzi
21-10-2015, 02:04 PM
It it easy to add photo's to this site, it's just a little convoluted.

This site doesn't have the ability to save the images. So it has to display images from another site. I suspect this was mostly to do with bandwidth.

If you let another site host the images, then it's their bandwidth that gets used and not UKMOC.

The way I do this is:

go to Imgur (http://imgur.com/)
Click the big upload images button.
Upload your images
When complete this will give you are url like http://i.imgur.com/3BEf7rb.jpg

Back on UKMOC
click the little yellow square button at the top of text pane
paste in the imgur url

Voila, images displayed.

jonzi
21-10-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't have time at the moment, but if you can't work it out from this, I could do some screenshots of how I do it.

Perhaps even a video.

Nottsbiker
21-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Cool - thanks for the info I'll have a go shortly.

Got to get the thumbs up on the garage front or it only leaves the kitchen which is currently home to our three border collies....

Albie
21-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I was hoping that you'd come back with its really easy to upload pics onto the site now.....

Will get something together :)

It is easy but you do more work but not exactly hard. I generally upload to both Photo Bucket and blog. Its more the case you can only post 10 images inc emoji's in any one post. Nothings a major headache BUT it depends if you want your project interrupted with hijacks or comments you would rather not have. I always look at mine as hoping it will help others more than anything and show how most people can do the same as me if they try.

slob
21-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I always look forward to rebuild threads :-D

...even the non-Monster ones ;-)

slob
21-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I don't have time at the moment, but if you can't work it out from this, I could do some screenshots of how I do it.

Perhaps even a video.

thanks Dan

Nottsbiker
21-10-2015, 04:31 PM
I think a rebuild thread will help me as much as everyone else as there are bits I'm not sure about yet and also parts I'll need that folk may have kicking about.

Main consideration is colour scheme as powder coated parts will need to match painted items.