PDA

View Full Version : s2r stands.

SteveP
13-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Has anyone used/bought the ABBA superbike stand kit? Ihave studied it on their website and it looks ideal. Done all this back to front really, need to change the tyres but obviously need to remove the wheels first!

squarehead
13-08-2015, 08:15 PM
I've bought paddock stands front and rear initially from ConStand for my S2R. Very quick and more than stable enough to use them for wheel removal jobs, and keeping the bike off the ground in the winter...

I bought an Abba stand (on recommendation from here) when I needed to work on the shock and tie bar. It's rock solid and you can buy a kit to lift the front for front end maintenance. Abba are great to deal with direct and the basic stand is very effective to use.

Funkatronic
13-08-2015, 09:13 PM
compared to traditional paddock stands abba stand is a bit of a faff to put on but is very solid once there, getting both wheels off at the same time might be a bit of a pain though even with the front lift arm

Darren69
14-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Abba are currently selling some ex display items a bit cheaper, I don't know if they have any stands left they may have all gone, but the front arm is listed.

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=front-lift-arm-ex-display-discounted&pid=57

They are much easier to use with 1 person than paddock stands, no risk of bike falling over.

Dave G
14-08-2015, 07:48 AM
I'm another advocate of ABBA stands and have used them for years.
I do also have normal stands and while these might be quicker to do little jobs nothing beats the ABBA stand for stability, I saw the front lift offer but I already have a headstock lift so dont need any more stuff to work on my bikes.

DrD
14-08-2015, 08:33 AM
The alternative mount (http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=swing-arm-removal-kit&pid=21 ) is good too
- enables you to hold bike while you remove the swing-arm

Funkatronic
14-08-2015, 08:55 AM
the swing arm removal kit is quite good for aligning/straightening bent footrest lugs too

Martin Duke
14-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Has anyone used/bought the ABBA superbike stand kit? Ihave studied it on their website and it looks ideal. Done all this back to front really, need to change the tyres but obviously need to remove the wheels first!

Yes, I have one for my S2R and an adaptor set for my 999 - they are good and versatile - (if you get another bike then you only need to get the adaptor for it) - I also have the front lift but am not so impressed with that. I tend to use a small bottle jack if I want to lift the front of the bike. It is a solid bit of kit and good value. Martin :gromit:

SteveP
15-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Thank you all for the replies, will opt for the ABBA now.