PDA

View Full Version : An apology and a request.

JMH900sie
13-08-2015, 02:12 PM
I'd like to apologise to all members effected by my recent disappearing act. I can assure you, there were good reasons for said hiatus, and it was unavoidable.

Can anyone that's bought anything off me and hasn't received it, please pm me ASAP. I'm wanting to get back on track, both personally with forum members and with my starter lead sales.... Which were picking up when **** happened.

Again, I hope this hasn't tainted any reputation I may have built up on here.

I'm sorry

Thanks,

Joe

Pedro
13-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Thanks for posting this Joe.

Mr Gazza
13-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Welcome back Joe..:thumbsup:

Me? The 13th Duke of Wymborne. At 2.30 in the morning. In the student nurses hall of residence.....With my reputation?....Think of the consequences.

http://i57.tinypic.com/xeoi2o.jpg

Dirty
13-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Sh¡t does happen

Albie
13-08-2015, 06:34 PM
It certainly does. Been there done that. I may need some cables sometime soon when I start building.

Darren69
13-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the update Joe. I'm not one of those affected and I'm sure no one on here is judging you. I don't mean to come over condescending on this 'cos and I don't know the circumstances. It didn't affect me in this instance but maybe a lesson learnt from this and thinking positively and for anyone else using the forum to sell wares, services etc is that may be if circumstances allow just post up 'Gonna be offline for a while'? Just to put peoples minds at rest rather than leave them hanging on. Anyway I shall be requiring some of your leads when you've dealt with the backlog or orders and normal service is resumed.

Anyway in the meantime those who have had the benefit of your handiwork and fitted the improved leads to their bikes should maybe start a thread and write-up on their experiences on how much better they are? Win/Win

WAB78
13-08-2015, 07:02 PM
I'd like to apologise to all members effected by my recent disappearing act. I can assure you, there were good reasons for said hiatus, and it was unavoidable.

Can anyone that's bought anything off me and hasn't received it, please pm me ASAP. I'm wanting to get back on track, both personally with forum members and with my starter lead sales.... Which were picking up when **** happened.

Again, I hope this hasn't tainted any reputation I may have built up on here.

I'm sorry

Thanks,

Joe

Fair play Joe, well done. :thumbsup:

utopia
13-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Nice one, Joe.
From where I'm standing, everyone has come out of this with a completely untarnished reputation.
If anything, reputations have been enhanced across the board.

JMH900sie
13-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys! :)

Turns out I don't have a backlog at all, and normal sales of starter kits is resumed :)

Again, you guys are epic!

Nottsbiker
18-08-2015, 10:34 AM
I'll have some off you at Christmas bro - busy building my garage (slow / cheap) to enable Monster to get done in the depths of winter. Must add some heating too!

utopia
18-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Sorry for hijack, but ....
Think carefully before installing heating in the new garage, Ben.
In my opinion, it just causes condensation and corrosion.
Unless you're prepared to heat the place 24/7, that is.
Good ventilation and a warm boiler suit works for me (though there are days when I don't venture in there at all, particularly when that raw, east wind is blowing).
Apologies, and end of hijack.

Mr Gazza
18-08-2015, 12:01 PM
....Re-hijack....

Build in insulation from the very start and double glaze if you have windows.

Plastic doors and windows are cheap from reclaim yards and come complete with double glazing and draft seals.....Build the shed round the doors/windows, rather than go shopping for a specific size.

DON'T lay a concrete floor...Horrible things. Lay insulated chipboard over it if it's already concrete.

Make sure the cable supplying the power to the shed is capable of carrying the current needed over the length....I needed 50m of 16mm for my last shed...Ouch!

I run heating all Winter. I have an oil filled electric radiator which hardly switches on at all on it's lowest setting, but keeps the the temp even and dry, until I go to work in there. Then I crank it up, and it soon rises to a very comfortable level, no matter what the weather.
I usually end up turning it back down to frost protect level long before the end of a session....Why suffer for your art?

Definatly never use a gas or paraffin heater, they just pump out water and might gas you or blow up your workshop.

If you have made the mistake of building with bricks or blocks then you might benifit from running a de-humidifier for the first Winter...The side effect is heat.
But the walls will run with water however you heat it unless it is completly insulated.

Nottsbiker
19-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Sorry for the hijack - I will start a thread when I get the base down next month and have noted all the points above.

Typed out a long reply but it wont upload :(