PDA

View Full Version : is the leicestershire section dead?

popelli
12-08-2015, 06:17 AM
In the process of organising a ride out next week and was going to invite the Leicestershire section but it appears to be dead and non functioning

slob
12-08-2015, 06:48 AM
We have more than a dozen current members in Leicestershire, way more if you count surrounding counties, just no-one who wants to organise anything formal at the moment.

alan c
12-08-2015, 08:11 AM
In the process of organising a ride out next week and was going to invite the Leicestershire section but it appears to be dead and non functioning

Hi, Just post up ride out and i am sure people will be along. Pick a meeting point and time etc.

Good Luck :ukm:

popelli
13-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Wednesday 19th August 6:30 from Loughborough out to bike meet at Sproxton through some of leicesters better roads

Have a few from the local Guzzi club coming

Cancelled due to poor weather

popelli
13-08-2015, 06:05 AM
We have more than a dozen current members in Leicestershire, way more if you count surrounding counties, just no-one who wants to organise anything formal at the moment.

I was organising a ducati meet a few years ago, had little support from local monster owners or any other ducati owners so meet died

Have thought about organising another meet but bottom line is unless you have a core of people turning up regularly throughout the year its impossible to organise anything properly

Kazza
13-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Can't make Weds 19th as away on business - but we're in East Leake - will look out for any other rides organised.

slob
13-08-2015, 09:00 AM
I was organising a ducati meet a few years ago, had little support from local monster owners or any other ducati owners so meet died

Have thought about organising another meet but bottom line is unless you have a core of people turning up regularly throughout the year its impossible to organise anything properly

it can be a bit of thankless task at first, you'll spend six months sitting on your own at a cafe once a month but perseverance pays off in the end.

utopia
13-08-2015, 12:31 PM
I've been teetering on the brink of taking on the mantel of organising the Leicestershire section for a couple of years now but unfortunately I've been going through a skint period and it would hardly do if I set up some meetings but was then unable to fuel up the bike to attend myself (yes ..that skint).
However, circumstances are finally improving and therefore I will probably have a stab at resurrecting the once very active Leicestershire section in the near future.
Unfortunately though, I'm on holiday on wed !9th and will be unable to join in for this ride.

Do the Guzzi club guys still meet at The Pied Bull, Shepshed, first Thursdays ?

alan c
13-08-2015, 12:32 PM
it can be a bit of thankless task at first, you'll spend six months sitting on your own at a cafe once a month but perseverance pays off in the end.

I sit in the cafe on my own even when the rest of the Kenties are there !!!! :Furious:

Rob is right, keep posting up and maybe do a breakfast meet one Sat or Sunday a month, people will come and join you :yoparty:

NewMon
13-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I am up for this. I'm in Warwickshire but can be in Leicestershire pretty quickly :-)

Providing I can mend my rear light this week, I'm in.

popelli
13-08-2015, 06:42 PM
I've been teetering on the brink of taking on the mantel of organising the Leicestershire section for a couple of years now but unfortunately I've been going through a skint period and it would hardly do if I set up some meetings but was then unable to fuel up the bike to attend myself (yes ..that skint).
However, circumstances are finally improving and therefore I will probably have a stab at resurrecting the once very active Leicestershire section in the near future.
Unfortunately though, I'm on holiday on wed !9th and will be unable to join in for this ride.

Do the Guzzi club guys still meet at The Pied Bull, Shepshed, first Thursdays ?

yes - last Thursday of month and 2nd Thursday vintage jap nite

Mr Gazza
13-08-2015, 06:49 PM
I've been keeping an eye out for a run in this part of the world...Dammit....Can't really do a weekday evening.

Don't give up on organising stuff...:thumbsup:

Albie
13-08-2015, 08:06 PM
I sit in the cafe on my own even when the rest of the Kenties are there !!!! :Furious:

Rob is right, keep posting up and maybe do a breakfast meet one Sat or Sunday a month, people will come and join you :yoparty:

Yes licking the window. That's why your on your own

popelli
14-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Yes licking the window. That's why your on your own

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Tina-Morris-The-Dregs-MCC-Presents-The-Window-Lickers-Rally-2015

no need to be on your own

Nottsbiker
18-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I'll be up for a week night one next summer as I've got no bike on the road at mo :)

utopia
18-08-2015, 10:46 AM
You're already on my list, Ben.
Will contact, as and when .....