PDA

View Full Version : Monster 1100 evo Fresco exhaust

Qba
10-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi folks,

For sale carbon Fresco slip-on exhaust.

New from fresco is around £250. In fairly good condition. Much lighter then OEM. Missing silencer (can be bought separately from fresco) and holding bracket which is standard and can be bought from eBay for few £.
You're welcome to have it for £80 + £10 postage. Collection possible from Sutton, Surrey.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/eyw91s5aenibikf/AAC_vPc2GNVV61BRv9_2QC29a

http://www.fresco-exhaust.com/monster-1100-evo-maxi-gp-p-274.html

Disclaimer - it is loud :cool:

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Qba
16-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Now £50 + 10 pp costs.

Darren69
16-08-2015, 03:54 PM
That has to be bargain of the month, barjain!

Qba
17-08-2015, 08:15 AM
It is and I'm surprised no one is interested. Ebay than I guess.

Saint aka ML
17-08-2015, 11:31 AM
You sold your monster?

Qba
17-08-2015, 12:48 PM
No, but last year wasn't that good for us. Accident in June (new frame), back on the road for about a month, then it was stolen in September (new frame again). From December he was hibernating for about 3 months by refusing to start.
Happily back on the road now, so hopefully we will get more involved.
Just going through stuff in the garage. This exhaust is too loud for my liking.

utopia
17-08-2015, 02:08 PM
This obviously wont (easily) fit my 750, but I can't help being interested.
I've just bought a Sil 2-1 system which needs the can repairing.
I'm wondering if it would be just as easy to graft this can on instead, with a little reworking of the inlet pipe.
How light is it ?
I know they make lots of titanium stuff, so I'm wondering if the end pieces and maybe also the inner, perforated tube are in titanium ?
If so, it should be superlight, and may fit nicely with my extreme lightening obsession.
Also, what dia is the inlet tube ? I would need to adapt this up from the dia of the Sil linkpipe, but that may be an added bonus to the functioning of the system as a whole.
Furthermore, I visited the Fresco factory with Max a couple of years ago and so it almost has a personal/sentimental element to it.

Just thinking out loud really, but the notion has persisted for a couple of days now and so I thought it worth posting in case you fancied holding fire on the ebay option for a day or two while I make up my mind.

If this is a go-er, I wouldn't be in a hurry for it so I could possibly collect at some suitable club meet in the near future, or even make a holiday run down south and call in at the same time (though obviously I would pay for it up front).

Qba
17-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Hi Jeff, I have one ongoing inquiry. I'll measure diameter and weight it for you. It is light, but I don't think it's titanium. Carbon and stainless steel more likely.

I bought it from Max as it goes :)

utopia
17-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks.
No great hurry though, and good luck with the enquiry.
Tbh, its an absolute snip at the price, and furthermore its a genuine, roots-Italian, aftermarket item, built by a family concern ....it has cultural value as well.
Its worth £50 just as shed art !!

My thinking this afternoon is that I could possibly rebuild my Sil can with titanium internals and end up with a lightweight result.
Mind you, that wouldn't have quite the same sentimental value, and would probably cost more anyway.
Undecided, as ever ......:rolleyes:

Dave V
04-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Is this still available?

cheers