PDA

View Full Version : M900 ie 2002 engine complete with wiring and injector bodies

Drumnagorrach
07-08-2015, 06:52 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/gasaxephoto/IMG_0451.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/gasaxephoto/media/IMG_0451.jpg.html)2002 , 40,000 miles ,was running last Thursday when I started to dismantle the bike.
Offered is the ecu ,all the ancillaries with the harness including the battery carrier, throttle bodies with tps. in fact everything to fit it to another bikehttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/gasaxephoto/IMG_0456.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/gasaxephoto/media/IMG_0456.jpg.html)
Looking for £700 for the lot, delivery , I can crate it up ,you sort a carrier .
Oh ffs why the f**K has a pic of the fekin seat appeared

Dirty
08-08-2015, 12:26 AM
Wish I wanted a 900ie engine, it's a bargain.

Nice seat :)

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Good to have some feedback Dirty. This pricing bit is hard for someone who still has hos head in the seventies.

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 10:07 AM
This is an amazing deal...The breakers always pick the expensive bits off and sell the bare engine for more than this.

This is a cheap fix for someone with a broken engine...Especially if all the sensors and ECU are used together as this was a well sorted unit.

If upgrading from carbs, customers might also be interested in the injector compatible tank and seat that Drum is also selling at a bargain price...:D

Good luck with the sale....:thumbsup:...Hope it doesn't go to waste..

Darren69
08-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Yes, priced to sell as usually you would get just the bare engine for that. If it doesn't sell Drum why not see if you can get a good frame and V5 and rebuild a complete bike? That's what I'd be tempted to do.

Saint aka ML
08-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Exactly what Darren said, get a frame with V5 and build a custom

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 11:31 AM
A few years back ,thats what I would have done, bit I now have two old houses to refurb and a disaster area at work to try and keep running,24/7 for three months out of the year( 4 man maintenance team )
Just dont need anymore work!

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Did you get the fuel level sensor Garry

Darren69
08-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Maybe put the whole lot up as a project? I know time can be a big issue for a lot of people on here and if you don't have any spare then its just sitting around going to waste. If someone has the time and the inclination then it will be a good project. My first bike resto project was a Laverda Mirage unloaded from the back of an old army truck in about 12 boxes which I paid 1200 quid for. I didn't even know if it was all there but it was missing both wheels (long story about the guy leaving the wheels for restoration and then moving). The guy also had a Darmah and what may have been a commando too. Turned out ok as the guy had most of the expensive paint work done already but it still cost me over 3 grand. But look at what they are worth now? I should have bought the Darmah SS too and I would have been made, they are fetching even sillier money now! if you or anybody has the time then it is a fairly easy job to rebuild a bike, you don't even need to be engineering minded, its like meccanno for grown ups, really! If you have all the bits then it's easy, it's if you have bits missing then it becomes more challenging.

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Did you get the fuel level sensor Garry

Yes thank you Drum..:thumbsup:

I fitted it last night...I decided to try and plug it into the pump rather than solder the cables as the new plug is so nice, and the remainder of my original cables are quite poor....Easier to reach the plug than I expected, and even the filler cap seal played ball when I put it back in..:)

I had a bit of a moment, as I thought it would be a good idea to test the pump before putting fuel back in and refitting the cap...Nothing!!! :dunce: Then I tried it with the side stand up...:chuckle:

The sender seems to be very heavily damped, as it takes a very long time to react....Guess that's good thing?

Now to find out what mileage it lights up...Cheers Mate..:D :thumbsup:

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Just couldn't bring myself to cut the plug off Garry. You mention that the pump didn't run with the stand down, is your neutral switch working ?.

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Maybe put the whole lot up as a project? I know time can be a big issue for a lot of people on here and if you don't have any spare then its just sitting around going to waste. If someone has the time and the inclination then it will be a good project. My first bike resto project was a Laverda Mirage unloaded from the back of an old army truck in about 12 boxes which I paid 1200 quid for. I didn't even know if it was all there but it was missing both wheels (long story about the guy leaving the wheels for restoration and then moving). The guy also had a Darmah and what may have been a commando too. Turned out ok as the guy had most of the expensive paint work done already but it still cost me over 3 grand. But look at what they are worth now? I should have bought the Darmah SS too and I would have been made, they are fetching even sillier money now! if you or anybody has the time then it is a fairly easy job to rebuild a bike, you don't even need to be engineering minded, its like meccanno for grown ups, really! If you have all the bits then it's easy, it's if you have bits missing then it becomes more challenging.

Yes I fitted all sorts of engines into different frames, 500 triumph into a Greeves Hawkstone frame. 320 cc villiers twin into a royal enfield crusader frame.
Never thought of fitting a t120 into the Norton 650 ss I had, the norton was much faster than a Bonnie,unreliable, but faster.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/gasaxephoto/2007_1026Art20006.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/gasaxephoto/media/2007_1026Art20006.jpg.html)
Thats me in 1974 on the left.

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Just couldn't bring myself to cut the plug off Garry. You mention that the pump didn't run with the stand down, is your neutral switch working ?.

Yep. Thanks for leaving the plug on.

Everything is working as it should...Just wasn't expecting the side stand switch to cut off the pump, but it makes sense.

Drumnagorrach
08-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Dont think it should if its in neutral,the pump times out if the starter isnt pressed almost straight after the key is turned.The bike should run on the stand in neutral or with the clutch in .

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Remember I'm year 2000. With the earlier ECU and no immobiliser.

The stand stops everything regardless of gear position.
No switch on the clutch, and the Neutral switch just puts the light on.

With the stand up, the starter will turn in gear with the clutch in or out.

The previous owner had a resistor or diode in circuit with the neutral and stand somehow, which enabled starting in Neutral with the stand down....But I didn't get that....Utopia may have inherited it, or has one like it.