PDA

View Full Version : Great World Tour of West Norfolk. 16th Aug

Mr Gazza
03-08-2015, 09:08 PM
This is the run postponed from July...Hoping for some better weather this time.

Meet 10.30am Sun 16th August. In Alysham Market place.

Run is Approx 100 miles so fuel and food stops planned, but please come with at least 20 miles fuel as there is no petrol in Alysham...next fuel stop Dereham.

Route goes roughly Aylsham, Dereham, Fakenham, Holkham. Then coast road stopping at Burham Deepdale and Hunstanton. On to Kings Lynn, Gayton, Litcham, N Elmham and Aylsham.

Hope you can make it...There are some great roads on the route...:D

Mr Gazza
05-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Anyone interested in this? Or shall I spend the day Cresoting my hedge?...:look:

Grumpy
05-08-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm up for a day out Gary.
Will give you a call ....

utopia
05-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I fancy it, but not exactly sure yet whether I'll be booked up already.
Then again, my prior booking might be ...a biking holiday in Norfolk.
So I might show up anyway.
Can't quite commit for definite yet though, hence my late post.

Dirty
05-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Can you move Alysham a bit closer to the smoke, I'd love to come but it's a hell of a day trip! :mand:

Mr Gazza
06-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Grumpy...It will be a pleasure....And make a change for you to follow me..:D

Utopia...Decisive as ever..:D
If you come to Norfolk give me a shout. It would be a shame not to go for a ride out...And you are of course welcome to pop in for a cuppa. (I think I will be on holiday at home that week).

Dirty, I would love to move Alysham to London..:spin: A lot of it's residents would be at home. There was a big building push in the late sixties to help with the London overspill...How I came to meet emzzeder's family in fact, when they moved up from North London.

I'm chuffed that you want to support the run, but Aylsham was picked for being a pretty easy hit for our new Norfolk members to meet up....No sign as yet..:scratch:...Still!. A whole new week not started on yet...:chuckle:

emzedder
07-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Looks like one I can make ... looks like a nice day out

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Yay..!!

Will send SatNav co-ordinates for Aylsham...:chuckle:

Darren69
08-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Creosoting hedges just happens to be my forte but i'm no good with fences and mine needs doing so if you're not out riding I'll swap you. Deal? :)

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Nah..! Don't you know nothin' about gardening..?? You should always prune fences hard back in the Winter.

Capo
08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Try to plan a stop at the Gin Trap at Ringstead which is just slightly inland from Hunstanton. The owner/manager is a Ducati fan (think he has one). Moira organised a couple of meet ups there. Good food with the meat sourced from the Sandringham estate. Some nice adjacent scratching roads.

Mr Gazza
08-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Good call Capo....Thank you.

That is exactly the kind of stop I had been looking for, but I don't know the West of the County very well at all..I will have a minor re-vamp of that section of the run.

You coming..?

Mr Gazza
13-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Weather is looking good for Sunday...

Any more takers for this?

sapone cremoso
14-08-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm keen, just depends what happens Saturday night

dacs
14-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Plan to be there at the start, may have to jump ship about half-way round tho'

Mr Gazza
15-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Be good to see you Sapone and Dacs.

I will test to mood before we set off, and might shorten the route a bit.

StevieL Might come to wave us off too..

Mr Gazza
17-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Sorry StevieL missed us in Aylsham...You were too early mate.

We made a trio with Dacs and Emzedder.

Lovely weather for a ride, but far too many muppets in cars for my liking.
It got beyond a joke when we arrived at the Swaffham/Fakenham road. We could see the endless stream of cars going to the coast from the queue to get onto the road.
So we U-turned and found some quiet lanes....Then it was much nicer.

I showed the chaps one of Norfolks best kept archiological secrets...With suitable exclamations when it was revealed....We also spotted two different Spitfires, one of which treated us to a short display over Wells..:thumbsup:...All for free.

We went on to the "Langham Dome" and decided not to pay the fiver each to look inside a concrete wig wam!

Emzedder pealed off for petrol and home. While Dacs and I were able to give it some serious beans on the twisties back to Aylsham with not much getting in the way at all..:D

Thanks for coming chaps..Turned out okay in the end...:D

utopia
17-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Sorry I couldn't make this one, Gazza.
Was too busy preparing the bike for a trip over that way in a couple of days time (will be in Southwold from weds to fri).
I hope to be able to get to the next one though.

Mr Gazza
17-08-2015, 11:55 AM
No worries Jeff.

The traffic coming into the County from the West at weekends is horrendous at this time of year. It bottlenecks and stops at Kyngs Lynn and Wisbecistan.

I filtered past 2 miles of static cars on Saturday at Wisbech, coming back from Peterborough...Then diverted off through Downham Market.

See you at the Teddy Bears Picnic then? Or Duxford?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52422
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52497

dacs
17-08-2015, 11:58 AM
As Mr Gazza says, it was a good run around some of the less obvious attractions of North Norfolk. Mind you, he didn't mention the lap of the car park in Fakenham, taht was a new one on me:spin:

Thanks to Mr Gazza for putting it together:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
17-08-2015, 12:03 PM
he didn't mention the lap of the car park in Fakenham, that was a new one on me:spin

....All included in the price....:chuckle:

emzedder
19-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Enjoyed it, wasn't expecting the historic landmark. My direct route via coast road was cluttered but "got on a bit" on the quiet stretches.