PDA

View Full Version : Hi can anyone help

Dimesy
28-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Looking at getting a S4R and it sounds a bit good to be true on the money side..
could anyone possible have a look at the ad for me and give me some pointers to look for when I view it later in the week please.

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

tricky73
28-07-2015, 09:11 AM
do you have a link to the ad, have you done a HPI or experian auto check

Dimesy
28-07-2015, 12:15 PM
yes HPI came back clear. Ad is this He wants £3200 for it.

If you're already looking at this then you've probably good a good idea what it is! The Ducati S4R is the proper, big brother of the earlier S2 and S4 models, this one uses the awesome 996 motor, 115bhp and 96Nm torque from the big twin. Anybody who knows about the Ducati motors also knows that the numbers are somewhat irrelevant, this is a hugely powerful bit of kit that pulls like a train attached to a jet plane from about 2000 revs to 9000. Amazing engineering and performance.

The S4R also has high end components compared to earlier models, single sided swingarm, Marchesini wheels, Ohlins, Brembo brakes, plenty of carbon fibre parts etc etc. Mine also has carbon Termignoni cans installed as per the pics, it sounds brilliant.

This one has only covered 10,700 miles and I'm the third owner. The first owner used it regularly to commute on, the second is a good friend of mine who broke his wrist and couldn't manage the low bars afterwards, I've owned the bike just over a year myself. I'm selling for two reasons, starting with I'm busy and it's only done 100 miles in the last year.. and I've just bought a KTM I couldn't resist and don't need both, although I admit I'd like to keep this.

Condition wise, it's tidy but we need to be realistic, the first owner used it regularly and as with all Ducatis, the engine paint isn't pretty around the front, it always happens. The s/s udder and exhausts on these also turn brown with use, it's not rust, I'd looked into link pipes to replace it but never got around to it. It's been used, really it needs a proper clean and maybe some engine paint, but I've never been one for getting in with a toothbrush and scrubbing to within an inch of its life. Ignore the time stamp on the pics, I took them on Saturday morning, this is exactly as the bike is now.

It has every MOT and a full main dealer service history from new, this week I've had it freshly MOT'd, serviced and new belts despite the fact it's covered very few miles since the last set:

16/04/2007 pre delivery check Italia Moto

20/10/2007 709 miles, Metropolis, service

1/5/2008 2863 miles, Metropolis, service

28/7/2009 5177 miles, Rosso Corse, major service inc belts

05/02/2010, 5915 miles, Rosso Corse, small service and electrical parts

07/10/2010, 6875 miles, Rosso Corse, main service inc belts

27/07/2011, 8149 miles, Rosso Corse, service

04/12/2012, 9860 miles, Rosso Corse, service inc belts

26/07/2013, 10,647 miles, Rosso Corse, service

01/06/2015, 10,703 miles, Hyside Ducati, service inc belts

I bought the bike in early 2014 and used it for a few sunny rides out, put it away for the winter and the MOT expired, haven't used it since which is why last week I had it serviced, fresh belts and MOT ready to sell.

So there it is, this is an awesome bit of kit, appropriately priced for someone to use and enjoy.

It's located in Upminster, Essex if you want to view or for collection. I can deliver if you're within half an hour or so drive from here.

Please, no international bidders, I'm not willing to sell abroad. Otherwise, usual ebay rules apply, you bid to buy but if it transpires this item is seriously not as described you have the right to cancel, it isn't, but that's only fair.

So that's it! Any questions please ask, and happy bidding!

jonzi
28-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Give Rosso Corse a call and ask them?

They are usually pretty friendly.

Dirty
28-07-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm sure I've read that ad before, or something very similar.

Dimesy
28-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks Jonzi

called them Ray was over and above a top bloke. cheers