PDA

View Full Version : Trouble bleeding rear brake

rhinoman
26-07-2015, 08:27 AM
The back brake was sticking a little on my m900 so I took it out and cleaned up the pistons a little, replaced the hose and pads but am now having trouble getting any fluid to draw through the nipple. I've checked the nipple and can blow air though it so its not blocked.

Any tips please? Its the underslung Brembo with dual pistons if that makes any difference.

Kato
26-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Unbolt the caliper and get it as high as you can put something between the pads to stop them moving out to far bleed and refit.............

DrD
26-07-2015, 10:53 AM
As Kato said, unbolt and get the bleed nipple as the highest point of the entire system.
I have some hardwood slightly thicker than the disc on which I mount it and hang it from the frame.

jerry
26-07-2015, 07:01 PM
buy a 30-50ml syringe , about £1 and 2'' of clear plastic tube and use as reverse bleeder ,, works good on clutch and front brakes too, cheap useful tool.

jonyb
26-07-2015, 08:20 PM
if your still having problems then start at the master cylinder, and bleed the system from every union, until you get to the main bleed nipple. then bleed normally.

rhinoman
01-08-2015, 07:51 AM
I eventually managed it, thanks for all the tips.

It turned out to be a leaky nipple that was causing most of the issues, a little PTFE tape sorted that, but it did still need the calliper moving to the top of the disk to get the last bit of air out.