PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Run out. July 12th

Mr Gazza
05-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Meet Aylsham Market place, 10.30am Sunday 12th July.

This will be quite a long run...Approx 100 miles, so there will be fuel and food stops.

First "planned" stop is Burnham Deepdale, then to Hunstanton, then back to Aylsham or Reepham market place.

I've found some lovely "less travelled" roads, so we might have some fun....Burnham to Hunstanton will be the coast road, so progress might be a little more sedate on that bit!!

Gawd knows what the weather will do...We'll see when it comes.

Mr Gazza
06-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Great news. I heard from Stu last night.

Things have turned round for him at last, his bike is on the road and he is hoping to join us on our World tour of West Norfolk on Sunday....:D:D

LittleMonstar
06-07-2015, 08:53 PM
I'll try and make this one Garry, although I am out for a friends birthday the evening before so might be a bit worse for wear to ride Sunday.

Mr Gazza
07-07-2015, 05:05 PM
It's a well know fact that the best hangover cure in the World, is a good blast on your Monster...:mand:

You can bale out at any point on the run, if it all gets too much.

Mr Gazza
08-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Wednesday's bump...:mand:

Any more takers???

dacs
08-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Hope to make Sunday, Tho weather not looking too good at the moment, fingers crossed eh?

Mr Gazza
09-07-2015, 04:58 PM
MMm.!! They are talking about "showers" for Sunday.

Ah well, let's wait and see.

If it's grotty day, we could postpone till the following Sunday?...Check here Sunday morning.

Mr Gazza
10-07-2015, 07:14 PM
They are now saying that the showers will be "early" in the day, so maybe we can still do this Sunday but perhaps just push off a little later if needs be...:biggrin:

Mr Gazza
12-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Okay....You can see for yourself where it is raining at the moment here...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/sparham/nr9-5/weather-radar/709222

There will be a hole in the rain from about 10am onwards to at least 2pm. That's enough for a dry run with the roads drying out quite quickly, I would imagine?

I will be at Aylsham Market place for 10.30 anyway...If no one turns up...That's fine, we can do this again next weekend..:D

I found out yesterday that this weekend is the Tamil pilgrimage to Wasingham. Thousands upon thousands of Tamils descend upon Walsingham and Wells, So we could encounter a few of those, as we will pass within a few miles of there.............Nothing like a bit of built in chaos to make a UKMOC run really fun..:chuckle:

Mr Gazza
12-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Hey Dacs, I hope you got home in the dry...The heavens opened big time about ten minutes after I arrived home..!!

Dacs and I did a shorter alternative ride this morning, as unsuprisingly we were the only ones there.
I imagine it was still raining in Norwich and Stalham/Catfield at the start time.?

We managed to find Burham Deepdale though...Nice little café, and petrol there too. But don't forget your American Express!! Dacs noted burgers were £9!! Maybe save your appetite for some chips at Hunny?

Let's have one more stab at this next Sunday...The 19th....I'll start another thread.

Mr Gazza
13-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Let's have one more stab at this next Sunday...The 19th....I'll start another thread.

I'm inclined not to bother with next Sunday, as the weather looks on/off again, and I can't bear the wait till the last minute to see if it's raining or not.!.:o

We could have another crack at it the following Sunday (26th) but the schools will be off by then, so the Coastal section of the run might be a bit busy. The other two thirds+ of the route should be okay though.

There are some great roads, so I am sure it will be worth it. If anyone is interested, shout now, or I will plan a day in the garden..:D

emzedder
13-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Two of you made it .... I attended a family charity fund raising event so wasn't available ... next week I'm signed up for the Hoveton car and bike show on the school field which has been a really nice local fund raising event for some years

utopia
13-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Well, I've been kinda interested in all three dates, but the weather put me off last week.
I might have chanced it but the predicted rain cloud pretty much tracked my proposed route in both directions at the relevant times, while the garden was predicted to be sunny all day.
But I've been itching for a seaside run for ages.
Not saying anything definite, cos my diary is a little unpredictable for the next few weeks, but I'm definitely hovering in the background, with 26th so far being reasonably likely to be free.
.....actually, that is saying something definite isn't it?
I intended to be more vague. :rolleyes:

LittleMonstar
14-07-2015, 07:06 AM
I can definitely do the 19th but may struggle for the 26th Garry

Mr Gazza
14-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks for your interest in this guys....I'm finding it all rather frustrating..:confused:

The weather seems to have dropped into one of those seven day cycles...And what with the Jet Stream playing games too. I feel I should take an old flying instructor's advice, and sit on my hands for a minute. (Try it if you find yourself in a flat spin..!!).

Pencil the 26th in for the time being and we will see how it goes.....Meant to be less vague than that....:D

Dirty
14-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I feel I should take an old flying instructor's advice, and sit on my hands for a minute. (Try it if you find yourself in a flat spin..!!).

I bet a minute is a hell of a lot of time in freefall!

Mr Gazza
15-07-2015, 12:46 PM
:chuckle:...I doubt anyone could go the whole minute...

Most planes will sort themselves out after a few seconds. So the hands off thing is to avoid PIO (pilot induced oscillation).....Can't even fly a kite myself, so no worries..:spin:

Mr Gazza
22-07-2015, 07:33 PM
I know I said pencil in The 26th for another go at this run.....

I more or less forgot about it till tonight and had a look at Sunday's forecast....Showers again.!

I guess this is going to become August's run now..?

StevieL
22-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm a no show for the 26th Gary, clays in the morning then Water Rats at the Fur and Feather, Woodbastwick in the afternoon, atb Steve

Mr Gazza
22-07-2015, 10:07 PM
.....Also Woodbastwick feté on the 25th and open gardens on the 26th...:thumbsup:

utopia
23-07-2015, 01:49 AM
I couldn't have made it either as it turns out that I have a festival gig to play.
We're gonna do the monster tune though.

As far as august is concerned, I'm keen but was also thinking of going to...
1) The Fenman Classic at Wimbotsham on the bank holiday.
2) Cadwell BSB which, for once, isn't a clash on the same bank holiday but is a week earlier.

Mr Gazza
23-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Okay....! I propose to put up August 16th as the date for this run....If the weather messes this one up, I will scrap the idea until next Spring.

Thanks for being patient everyone....It's winding me up something wicked.

Any one know of anything happening in the mean time, that we could use as an excuse for a meet up?

Thinking of having another Teddy Bears Picnic at Mildenhall on the 6th Sepember....What do you reckon? Twice a year too often?...Or not often enough?

Grumpy
23-07-2015, 07:49 PM
How about combining a run out to Donnington for the CRMC meet?
Capo and I are going, if any one is interested, they are welcome.
http://www.crmc.co.uk/calendar/next-event/

utopia
23-07-2015, 11:54 PM
I'll be going to that too.

Dirty
25-07-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm up for more teddy so bears, weather and Monster depending, and there actually being some teddy bears too! ;)

Ursa
25-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Did somebody mention bears??? :biggrin:

I'd possibly try ride to teddy bears picnic, weather dependant :biggrin:

Mr Gazza
26-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Well, I had a quiet word....

http://i59.tinypic.com/2im9yeq.jpg

.....They said they would like to meet the lovely Ursa, but when I mentioned Monsters they got scared and refused to come......They said you go and enjoy yourself, but we will stay here just like always.

Dirty
26-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Boo. I think it should be a requirement to turning up. BYOB!

Mr Gazza
26-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Aw! Okay...I'll bring the bravest one along...

Guess I'd better post this up for the 6th then...:mand:

Ursa
26-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Boo. I think it should be a requirement to turning up. BYOB!

That's a brilliant idea Dirty! :mand:

Mr Gazza I love your Bear Chair! That's so cool

I'll get back to watching Bearcam now
http://explore.org/live-cams/player/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

Dirty
28-07-2015, 10:30 AM
6th or 16th?

I'm going bear shopping this afternoon :)

Ursa
28-07-2015, 11:23 AM
6th or 16th?

Yay to bear shopping! :D:D:D

I had it down as the 6th September, 16th August I'm at the Ace Ladies Day/Record attempt, sadly I think there will be no bears there.

Dirty
28-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Just sorted out a pillion for the sum of £1, gotta love a charity shop :)

Mr Gazza
28-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Just sorted out a pillion for the sum of £1, gotta love a charity shop :)

The mind boggles....:chuckle:

You wore me down.....http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52422 ...:D

Ursa
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
6th or 16th?

If it was going to be 16th August, I could go after showing my face at the Ace, I can go there and register at 9am then leave for the picanic soon after? Seemed to be a lot of people couldn't make 6th SeptembeAr.

Also, concerned about the potential queues for the ladies loo at the Ace if 400 women turn up!!! :eyepopping: so am not keen on spending a lot of time there

Mr Gazza would 16th be a date that would work for you? I can do either 6th Sep or 16th August

Dirty
02-08-2015, 06:48 PM
9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th Aug, 6th Sept are all good for me so far. Ted baker says he can't make any of them but I think he's just scared of the bike. I'll bring him round :mand:

Ursa
02-08-2015, 07:10 PM
I can do 9th, 16th, not 23rd (am out the country) and 30th (as at Moto GP), then I can do 6th and any other Sunday in September

I think Ted will be fine, have you tempted him with a marmalade sandwich? :biggrin:

Mr Gazza
02-08-2015, 07:26 PM
16th August is the Great World Tour of West Norfolk...As postponed from 12th July at the start of this thread.....Must start another thread for it.

Done.. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=513811#post513811

The 2nd Great UKMOC Teddy Bears Picnic is on the 6th September.

.http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52422

There is another fantastic date in September...The 27th. I have just had a personal invitation from the organisers of the Reepham Classic, to bring as many Ducatis as possible, not just Monsters.
This year has an Italian theme...Brilliant day last year. Must start a thread for this one too..

Done... http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52460

Ursa
02-08-2015, 07:30 PM
6th September is good for me and Ginny the Moonbear :biggrin:

I'll put the 27th September in my diary too, I have a friend in Reepham I can combine a visit to with this.:biggrin: