PDA

View Full Version : engine casing done not happy

spidermonkey
12-02-2004, 07:35 PM
having had my casing changed with no charge . picked the bike up was told to come back in 600 miles to have all checked over at my charge which i find strange as they where replaced due to no fault of my own and they never changed the cam belts which from what i remember some of you did . my prob is what do i do now as i have really had a nuf of the dealer now with all the sh&* they have done so far any ideas please.
steve:(

CK & AK
12-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Steve, when I had mine done at the wonderful Snell's (Alton) last year, it was done at the same time as a service. I paid for the belts to be done as they were due (12,000 miles), and there was no mention AT ALL about me having to take the bike back to them later, or for me to pay for any of the 'warranty' work.

They had my bike for the week (dropped it Sat, collected Sat, as was working all week) and I could have collected it - had I been able to, on the Thurs evening.

Suggest you contact said dealer, and also possibly Iain Rhodes at Ducati UK.

Was it just the side casings - or like mine was, with the 'full monty' being done?

C

spidermonkey
12-02-2004, 08:33 PM
as far as i am aware they did the lot but not to sure with them they had the bike for 2 months. i will have a proper look at the weekend as there is some stuff i want to do to it.
steve

CK & AK
12-02-2004, 08:46 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: - 2 MONTHS????
Its a days work, unless you had some other bits done etc as well, and even then it shouldnt take that long.

I was warned that it could poss take up to 10 working days, IF things didnt quite work out, but that was the Max time they quoted. Best time was 2-3 days.

As you see from above, it took just under 4 days to do the 12,000 mile service.... and the whole of the casings, (side & bottom - crank & clutch - as even the engine number had fallen off) also the handlebars, and the r/h foot hangers

Best you name & shame that dealer mate, to warn others:eek:

C

spidermonkey
12-02-2004, 08:59 PM
c
it took that long for other bits as well but took them about 3 weeks to do it as they did it abit at a time and they still never put my pipes on properly. place was parkinsons in colchester,

Blufoot
12-02-2004, 10:51 PM
i had new barrells and rods and rockers and things and had to go back after a while for a re adjustment - all free.

it's tough, but you just have to moan and moan and moan.

spidermonkey
13-02-2004, 07:08 PM
blue you got that right , just sick of moaning all the time just to get any thing done but i will complain once again and see what happens this time.
thanks for the response all
steve

snakey
14-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by spidermonkey
as far as i am aware they did the lot but not to sure with them they had the bike for 2 months. i will have a proper look at the weekend as there is some stuff i want to do to it.
steve

Seems a bit much when after watching the Men & Motors vid you realise that the motor takes 35 minutes to build ! I think some of these 'mechanics' should go on a training course I know that they may be busy but 2 months is a bit OTT .

Stevie Kenevie
15-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Steve,

Which dealer did you use? The 12,000 mile service is nearly due on my bike and I'll make sure I won't take it to the same place!!

Paranoid Dave
15-02-2004, 03:27 PM
stevie - if it's no longer under warranty then speak to carl - the ex chris clarke mechanic and top geezer who runs his own service centre now. Otherwise i'd take it to the one in norwich as though i never had any dealings with Ron P, any time i did shopping or asked questions there they were useless. They even told me to fit a vented clutch cover on my M600.

spidermonkey
16-02-2004, 09:14 PM
that sounds about right pd they are **** i will definately go else where when the warranty runs out.
ps stevie hope to see you about this year as missed you on your last ride you tryed to sort out .
steve