12-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I've had a few emails and PM's asking about the Bikes
Ducati are bringing to the trackday. and
will we be able to try them out?

The answer is yes, but the offer is limited to those who
are taking part in the track day.
If your coming along just to watch I'm afraid you will
not be able to try out the Monster's.

This also goes for the Buffet Ducati are laying on, goodie bags etc.
They can only cater for a limited amount of people.

I hope this doesn't disapoint to many of you but instead
encourages you to take your bike on the circuit.

Chris
12-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Sounds fair, even the king of blag knows there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Albie
12-02-2004, 08:33 PM
you dont get nowt for free lad . Who cares were going to have such fun. aint we . Good of them to offer to be there.

Banshee
12-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Fatbloke, any luck with the leather issue?

fatbloke
12-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Banshee
Fatbloke, any luck with the leather issue?

fabric clothing is a non starter but i have another
plan that my work. I'll keep you posted.

Banshee
12-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Let me guess, we chip in on a set and share? No seriously how much for the cheapest set going?

NattyBoy
12-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Now im excited !!!!!!!! Terry..youll get my cheque in the morning BTW..sounds like youyve done a top there mate with the blagging!!

Incidentally, on the clothing side of things, I have a spare pair of spidi vertabra race boots (size 10) that anyones welcome to use if they are stuck for boots.

Just let me know B4 and Ill bring 'em along.

Nat

Chris
12-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Cheapest Leathers

Heine Gerick (not sure if that is spelt right) were doing there tribal 1 piece suit for £200. I bought a 2 piece recently off e-Bay for £160.

NattyBoy
13-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Can I just recommend the HG Tribal leathers. They won an award in MCN, and they saved my butt when I had my big off/airlifted to hospital/intensive care experience a year or so ago. Top notch gear and as good as the £700 spidi suit I now wear...and it only cost £200 (as it will you if you keep your eyes open :D )

Nat

martin b
28-02-2004, 10:34 AM
What about my missus? She is coming with me to film the day, will she be allowed into the paddock area/buffet?

Martin B:burnout:

fatbloke
28-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by martin b
What about my missus? She is coming with me to film the day, will she be allowed into the paddock area/buffet?

Martin B:burnout:

your not going to like the answer
No video camera's are allowed by order of Mallory Park.
Only entrants are being catered for in the Buffet

Sorry Martin

Dark-Jon
28-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Quick question about lids, I've got a Shoei Z-One helmet that is barely 1 year old but its got no Gold sticker on the back or any EU numbers stamped inside as it was imported from Germany. Is this a problem? Given the fact it was made in the same factory as all the other Shoei's and the whole EU standard being the same, will I be able to use it on the track day or MUST it have the gold sticker approval?

Cheers

Dark-Jon

Dave Pearson
28-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Good question, I've just checked my lid, a Ducati Performance (Suomy) bought end of June last year from Riders of Bridgwater, and it has no BSI sticker, either on the lid or the box.
Does this mean I'm going to have to buy another new lid for the track day? (hint of panic in voice!)

28-02-2004, 12:05 PM
FWIW, I've never had any kit inspection on any trackdays that I have done. And that includes two at Mallory in the last two years.

Chris
29-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Terry,
I know that Mallory insist on no bike mounted video cameras, but surely you can take a normal video, or camera. There were quite a few people filming last year and I've got about an hour tape filled. Probably worth checking.

Helmets,
Offically you need to have the gold ACU sticker on the back of your lid. The BSI stickers have I believe been replaced with an E marking often on a label inside the lid. As proto says though, I only had my bike checked over, not my riding kit.

fatbloke
29-02-2004, 08:32 AM
All I can say is on the paper work i have received form Mallory Park
they make it quite clear video cameras are not allowed aparantly they
encourage less experienced riders to "show off" for the camera and
end up hurting themselves.
But at the end of the day I'm not going to be searching peoples stuff
as they enter the circuit.

Dave Pearson
29-02-2004, 04:44 PM
My lids got a label with 'E3' on the chinstrap, I assume this is the 'E' marking you mentioned Chris.
I've checked the Ducati literature and this indicates that it has BSI approval.
The Track Day information only states that an 'Approved BSI helmet must be worn at all times' (it's gonna make lunch interesting...), nothing about a gold ACU sticker.

Oh well, it doesn't sound like they enforce these rules anyway....

Melnie Mouse
29-02-2004, 05:21 PM
you must have a gold ACU sticker on back of helmet for track days.. as Chris said, about BSI that's fine, E marking is done now instead, shoei's usually are gold stickered anyway, so if they forgot to put one on, (sometimes does happen) go to your shoei dealer, ask person there to send you one they can check your model and see if it's just been missed!

Another good place to try for cheap leathers, is the 2nd hand shop in Bournemouth, called Tizwaz, tel. no. 01202 510008.. I bought 800 suit for 200 almost spotless...

Have a great time everybody.... :)

NattyBoy
29-02-2004, 05:23 PM
40" CHEST HEIN GERICKE LEATHERS - £90..BE QUICK THERE ON THE DSC FORUM;

Hein Gericke "Racing" 2 Piece for sale

Hein Gericke "Racing" 2 piece suit, blue, size 40" chest (euro size 50), bought last September and worn six times only, clean and immaculate, cost £399, buy for £90

Also have a Shoei Z-One helmet, blue, size medium, six months old, boxed and absolutely immaculate, £85

Can ship f.o.c. anywhere in the UK.

LINK TO FORUM...
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/index.php3?M=70

Dave Pearson
29-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Melnie Mouse
you must have a gold ACU sticker on back of helmet for track days.. as Chris said, about BSI that's fine, E marking is done now instead, shoei's usually are gold stickered anyway,

Thanks for your reply. My helmet is a Ducati Performance by Suomy, do you know if these would normally be supplied with a gold ACU sticker, or where I can find out if it's Ok?

TIA.

NattyBoy
29-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi Dave

IMO I really wouldnt worry mate. I too have never had my gear checked (loads of track days), and unless your wearing a potty strapped to your head there not going to start checking I dont think!

Have done plenty of track days with mates wearing (non Gold ACU) polycarbonate helmets and they still dont get pulled up.

Tell ya what (assuming your a large size) as a contingency plan you can borrow my arai if im wrong !!!!

The only thing they WILL check is your bike (although even that is only a quick look at the chain/tyres/headstock etc).

Cheers
Nat

Dave Pearson
29-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi Nat, I'm sure your right.
Thanks for the offer of the loan of your lid, but I think my oversized - follicley challenged - bonce would struggle to fit in a large helmet :D

Er indoors is already moaning about me having to buy a zipped leather jacket to go with my leather trousers for the track day, if I had to get another new lid as well.... :confused:

Come to think of it, if anyones got an Alpinestars leather jacket (with zip for trousers) they don't need/want any more (size = fat b*****d), let me know your price.

Dave

COR
29-02-2004, 08:17 PM
How many have signed up so far?

fatbloke
29-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by COR
How many have signed up so far?

not enough without more support the event is seriously under threat!!

Billy Bigwheels
29-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Now that would be a shame - send your dosh to FB. How many more do we need Terry?

NattyBoy
29-02-2004, 09:51 PM
yep..come on get yer wallets out! Need we remind everyone of what wed be missing out on;

- DUCATI UK SUPPORT TRUCK
- FREE NOSEBAG AT LUNCHTIME
- A FLEET OF DUCATIS FINEST TO TRY OUT
- SHELL OIL ON HAND TOPPING UP OR LUBRICANTS!

Not to mention a b**y great laugh round the track!

All you nervous bods and people sitting on the fence..dont worry itll be really good fun..just a bunch of enthusiasts enjoying each others company...not aload of bansai knee down merchants !!!

All you people who are struggling for kit, Im sure we can sort ourselves out between us....

Cheers

Nat

pooh
29-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Terry
how many more do you need to make the day happen as I may want to come but dont want to commit and then let you down, but there again I dont want to miss out.
Also will we have to have a track day licence as mentioned in MCN a few weeks ago?

Ian

Bunny
29-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Dave, my Ducati Suomi has the gold sticker on it, I would think yours should have

Dave Pearson
29-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll second that. It's my first track day. I'm apprehensive, but I'm really looking forward to it.
There's obviously a lot of effort gone in to organising this already.
Is this going to be the largest ever gathering of monsters I wonder?
Just think, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren.....I was there!

29-02-2004, 10:17 PM
All those peeps who say they will go along to spectate, I can guarantee you, that when you are sitting on the outside you will be desparate to have a go. I can hear you all saying "I wished I'd coughed up, it looks brilliant". That's cus it is brilliant.

Don't think that just cus it's a race track that you have to go barmy. Think of it as a normal road where there are no cars coming the other way, no speed cameras, no police, no nasty junctions with Mr & Mrs Muppet pulling out in front of you. Just tootle around and enjoy the joy of riding your bike at any speed you like.

Go round at your own pace. No one will carve you up. You don't even have to try and overtake anybody. But I bet you will be a better rider at the end of the day. More confident in your cornering, better on the brakes and generally much more comfortable riding at speed.

Trust me, it will be great fun and you'll love it.

But think of this too. If more of you spectators don't turn into participants there might not be an event to go and watch, and that would be a shame. Everyone one a loser. :(

Dave Pearson
29-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, that's interesting. I think I'll give Riders a call tomorrow and see if they can shed some light on this.
I bought one for the missus as well, and hers doesn't have the sticker either.

fatbloke
29-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by pooh
Terry
how many more do you need to make the day happen as I may want to come but dont want to commit and then let you down, but there again I dont want to miss out.
Also will we have to have a track day licence as mentioned in MCN a few weeks ago?

Ian

we still need at least 20 just to cover the deposit at presant you dont need this track day licence thing.
If anyone is worring about losing there deposit don't I wont cash a single deposit cheque until I'm 100% sure it will go ahead.
As of today (1st march) we only have 18 days to get the 50% deposit together.
As I have said before with1200 members if we cant manage 90 entrants i view that as an embarasing personal and club failure.
When we ran the pole for who wants a track day we had 70 members that said yes where are they they now?

Chris
29-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Terry, by my maths that suggests you only have 25 takers so far, which is pretty poor out of all the members. Come on everybody!

Would it help if it was called a national ride out around Mallory!

Just think, £100 to ride on the safety of your privately booked road, with no cars, or even bikes other than monsters. It could cost you £60 just for passing a yellow box too quickly!

Banshee
29-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Am i missin summit? terry said he needed 90 and is 20 short, so 70 takers, so i make it £2k short. at worst £30 each extra.

gary tompkins
29-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Terry,

Can you clear up this Acu gold sticker/ BSI stamp question for me please? My Craft RX9 has a Blue Type A BSI sticker but no ACU gold certification. I know it's seems a bit academic at the moment, given the frankly pi** poor commitment the track day has got from the club so far, but in the event the event goes ahead will my lid be ok? I don't think the old bank account could survive paying for the Mallory bash and a new lid in one hit :(

GET YOUR DEPOSITS IN YER SAD SODS!!!! :D

Banshee
29-02-2004, 11:36 PM
To everyone, i know im the new kid on the block, i dont even have my licence yet! I'm not a mad git in any shape or form, as you all know i've had 6hrs lessons but i wouldn't miss this track day for anything, I will not be pushed to speed by anyone, if i get up to 60 and stick to it well thats up to me, if anyone laughs or has a problem with this, well thats there problem. BUT THEY WONT..... because they know you are part of making this day happen.. WE NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Billy Bigwheels
29-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Can't we contact the 70 positive respondants by email Terry just to gee em' up a bit? Also what about mailing dormant members or members who haven't been on the site for a while and may not know about it. Lets face it - some people switch off througout the winter and may not get back to the site until springtime.
Also what about charging a nominal fee to spectators and allowing them use of the brilliant 'other features' available.

Like Banshee, I personally wouldn't mind paying a bit more to ensure that the UKMOC doesn't lose credibility in the eyes of Ducati. (Although I think Chris's math is correct)

Whatever happens don't take it as a personal faliure.

Banshee
29-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Terry,
Please post a full list of takers so far.
then like any managment structure, its down to reps to to do the do for their area. this will happen have no fear, as for spectators payin bollocks (hope that thing is workin). he who dares wins.

Banshee
29-02-2004, 11:55 PM
i meant b*****s

Billy Bigwheels
01-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Just say what you think Banshee ;)

Billy Bigwheels
01-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Spectators only to pay if they can make use of the 'extra facilities' not just for the pleasure of attending.

Dave Pearson
01-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Right, I spoke to Riders of Bridgwater about the (lack of) gold ACU stickers on my Ducati Performance Suomy helmet, and he said yes they should have them.
He went to check their current stock and out of 5, 3 had the sticker and two didn't :rolleyes:
He's going to contact Ducati to see if he can get the stickers supplied retrospectively.

If anyone else is in a similar situation, I would suggest contacting your supplier.

He also said if we have a poster regarding the Monster track day he would be happy to put one up for us.......anyone?

Dave

McMONSTRO
01-03-2004, 06:08 PM
DaveHe also said if we have a poster regarding the Monster track day he would be happy to put one up for us.......anyone?

Good Idea Dave! Can anyone who's good on the PC put a poster together then e-mail it to anyone, print it off and then put one up in your local Ducati (or other) dealer! Could help bring the numbers up! Must be quite a few Monster riders who arn't in the UKMOC that fancy a go round Mallory with other Monster riders?

McMonstro

COR
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
For anyone who thinks they would like to have a go on the track but are anxious, I did a ladies only ducati track day at Oulton Park a couple of years ago. Over 80 women turned up for the day. There was the full range of ducatis to try out on track (or you could just ride your own). There was a prize draw and Foggy and his missus were there too (unexpected). Mat Llewellyn was there riding round the track with us and there was press from one of the bike mags (think it was 'fast bikes' which published a two pager on the event). It was my first time on a track and it was absolutely fantastic. No one was there to race, just ride around at your own pace and get the most out of it. It's very different from riding on the road, the surface is smooth and warm and your tyres get lovely and sticky. You can just feel so much more from your bike on a track. I certainly got a lot out of it and felt much more confident with my bike. You've just got to try it - even if only once in your life. You never know, you might even get hooked! DO IT!

Dave Pearson
02-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Cor, what an excellent 'trailer' for the track day!
If I hadn't already signed up, I'd sign up after reading that!

Come on you lot who haven't sent your cheques in yet, get on with it....phone a friend as well and get them to do it.

Anyone got a poster done yet. I'm s**t at that kind of thing myself, but e-mail one to me and I'll drop a few in at Riders.

As a contingency plan, if we don't get the required numbers, can we open it up to Ducati's not just monny's?

Drucilla
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
When the poll was on the site for a Monster track day I never said that I wanted to do it, but to support the club I have booked the day off work to come and watch/support the members that are doing it. Those of us who have made the choice not to do it but who want to spectate are starting to feel just a little hassled now. Where are all those people who said yes to the poll?

Julie
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Drucilla
When the poll was on the site for a Monster track day I never said that I wanted to do it, but to support the club I have booked the day off work to come and watch/support the members that are doing it. Those of us who have made the choice not to do it but who want to spectate are starting to feel just a little hassled now. Where are all those people who said yes to the poll?

well said nat

Elmo
02-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Here

Chris
02-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Sorry, for the hassle, I am one of the culprets I guess!

I am not hassling for the sake of it, I am trying to support the Club and Terry and the hard work he has already put into this event. I for one would love to see it go ahead.

If you don't want to be hassled, don't read posts titled "Track Day" :-)

Look forward to seeing everybody there, spectatros and all.

Dibble
03-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I did post a similar message to the one I'm about to write but it appears to have "gone missing" during the server change ...

As a Ducati rider with friends in the UKMOC I wrote that I am sure that if as a club you guys get close to your 90 target but need a few extra bodies to pad out the day, there are people like myself that would love to attend and spend a day amongst friends, it works both ways, you get the numbers you need and I get a cracking day out ...

I am prepared to pay my deposit before the deadline and am quite happy that in the event that you reach the required number of Monsters that my deposit be returned, but if having the extra deposit money helps secure your day, then I'll gladly assist.

I hope that you guys get this sorted as speaking from experience our (DSC) track day last year was a cracking event and you will only kick yourselves if you miss this one.

Saying that, no one should feel pressured into going on circuit if they aren't comfortable with it, we had nearly as many spectators as riders last year and everyone had a cracking time, just enjoy what a great club you have and remember its all about getting together and "sharing" the experience, be that watching, or partaking ...

Pietro

PS Hope to see some of you out soon ...

BoozyBOB
03-03-2004, 01:19 AM
well done Dib......
i wanted to do this day but Mrs Boozy has other plans....
(you never know i might change her mind...and if i could pay on the day)........

Dave Pearson
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Just a quick note to say 'thanks' to the guys at Riders of Bridgwater, they've come up trumps with the missing Gold ACU stickers for my Ducati helmet(s).

That's one less thing to worry about.

dukiwi
08-03-2004, 02:00 PM
I've been looking around for a definite answer on the leather issue. sorry if there's been an answer but i'm buggered if i can find it. i have an approved helmet...and i have a jacket...but it only zips half way around. will i get away with this?

Dave Pearson
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Check out this post http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5437&highlight=zip
It appears from this that the zip must go right around.

plug747
09-03-2004, 03:46 AM
Sitting on the fence - I've been trying to get the time of work for the last month!

At last it's been approved so my deposit will be in the post to Terry in the morning..no bull

One step closer to the magic number - I've only been on a track once on a bike (Ducati 748 round Cadwell on a Ducati experience day) and even though I was a bit nervous and slow! it was a bloody fantastic day - again only Duc's there so no pressure from the lunatics

As a side issue - I've got Termi's and a Ducati performance ECU on my S4 - I take it these will get through any noise restrictions?

Plug:D

NattyBoy
09-03-2004, 08:30 AM
no noisen restrictions plug...nice one for getting the time off:D

You coming to the gloucester section meet on sunday..should be a good turnout..

Nat

Dave Pearson
20-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Ok, got my two piece Hein Gericke leathers today ready for the track day.
Just realised that my gloves are fabric (leather grips), do gloves for the track day have to be leather?

Dave

Dave Pearson
20-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Not sure if this has been posted up before, but thought it might be interesting to those riding on the track day.
It's interactive, you can click on a section of the track and it gives you an actual photo of that section.
Mallory track (http://www.clubracing.co.uk/mallory.htm)

Dave

steviej
20-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Nice One Dave.................................. :twisted: :twisted:

gary tompkins
20-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Got a superb Kawasaki promo DVD with 2 laps on bike footage, of one of the guys from the Hawk racing team wringing the neck of a ZX636R around Mallory Park.

110mph on the exit from Gerrards :eek: and the noise the 636 was making made your hair stand on end. Wish I could post it up but dont think it's possible - at least for a web & PC "no-brainer" like me anyway :o

Looking forward to doing it for real in just over a week :D

Pixx
07-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I've had a few emails and PM's asking about the Bikes
Ducati are bringing to the trackday. and
will we be able to try them out?
The answer is yes, but the offer is limited to those who
are taking part in the track day.
If your coming along just to watch I'm afraid you will
not be able to try out the Monster's.
I hope this doesn't disapoint to many of you but instead
encourages you to take your bike on the circuit.

1. I don't want to do a track day: I'm doing the Ride skills day at Snett in July, and have no wish to ride track-style.
2.I currently have a 695 and want either an S4R or an S2R1000 but, wheras I have tried the S4R, I cannot find an S2R1000 to try in the UK.
3. Don't Ducati want to sell this bike - or only to tossers with more money than sense, who will buy without a trial?
4. It won't encourage me to go on track as it just makes me angry to be treated like a sheep that doesn't think for itself.

Scotty
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
5. opening a thread that's 4, yes count them, Four years old

Albie
07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Why are you answering this nearly 4 year old thread. This day has well and truly happened. You can test ride any Ducati if you go to a nice dealer. You may have to provide a deposit or card in case you bin it buts thats normal.