PDA

View Full Version : Solution!

Jay
12-02-2004, 03:15 PM
So, all of you that were waiting in anticipation for a solution to my Poor Low speed Running thread....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?threadid=4956&goto=newpost

....will be eager to know the outcome - well it was all down to those darn new DP clocks I got. In the catalogue they say up to 2000 but really they meant 'up to 1998', olive oil makes these italians daft!

The clocks have a sidestand warning light but this circuit was void due to the 2000 models having a different circuit which doesn't allow you to start the bike while the stand is down, sooooo.. the up shot is, the one cylinder was not firing cos it being starved off a decent spark due to the electrics being wonkey (technical term that, i'm told).

Thanks to all those that gave their input especially AK who took bits apart trying to see what was what. No prizes this time Gary T, but they also thought it may be carbs, but they stripped them and they were perfecto!

Hooray, I'm getting her back tomorrow!!!! Vrooooom!!

CK & AK
12-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Al will be pleased to hear you have it sorted out Jay, as he thought it was the clocks to start with - remember when he sent you up the road (to get petrol)?

Bet you will be glad to have it back!

C

superlight3
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Excellent :D :D :D

Good to hear you got yourself sorted!!

Cheers.

Lee.

Jay
12-02-2004, 04:37 PM
He certainly did C!! Can't wait, picking her up tomorrow morning and going to take the rest of the day off to get her real DIRTY!!

Blufoot
12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Dont forget to pop in to see me......

Jay
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
If you're around tomorrow afternoon I'll pop in... let me know where and when is cool for you... vroooom!