PDA

View Full Version : M1100s tyre choice

desmobob
13-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

Not quite ready for a tyre change but it won't be long.

Currently on Roadsmarts, but not really a fan of Dunlops.

My MTS both had Michelin Pilot Sports and I liked them, but whats the best fitment for my current ride?

Mainly weekend blasts on A and B roads, and only out in the rain when I get caught out.

Thanks for your help all...

Bobby

damien666
13-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I've just got new tyres this morning. ( different bike i know) Gone for michelin pilot road 2 again. Brilliant tyre. £182 fitted and balanced to loose wheels. ( they even used black stick on wheel weights to blend in with wheels)
I do similar riding to you. Can't see the point in going for the latest mk4 which are slightly better in the wet. I try not to get wet :-)

Stinger101
13-06-2015, 04:55 PM
If Michelin is your brand, Look at the new Pilot Power 3 or the older technology and previous version Pilot Power 2CT. Both twin compound but the new Power 3 out performs the 2CT in every performance criteria.
There is a good Pirelli option to consider. The Diablo Rosso 2 is a very good tyre.
Metzeler have the M7RR recently out that has great reviews.
I've got 30 years in the tyre industry and I've become a bit of a Michelin fan. I'll be putting the Power 3 on my M1200S when my Rosso 2's have worn out. The Pirelli came as OE and I like them very much so no need to change prematurely.
Check out each manufacturers websites. They all have dedicated 2 wheel sites.