PDA

View Full Version : Watcha

Shaneo
10-06-2015, 06:43 PM
How do all.

Just thought I'd say a quick hello. (I've been lurking on here for a while now, thought it's about time I actually joined)

I'll give you a quick back story...

The missus bought a 96 M600 about 6 years ago now with the intention of racing it. So we stripped all the unnecessary bits, added clip on and what not and it was ready to go. She did a couple of track days on it, just to get a feel for how it rode...and that was that. It sat in the garden for about 2 years doing nothing.
So then we decided to get it back on the road, so we had a little something to hoon around on (she had an R6 at the time, so I was going to have the Monster) It was agred that we'd tart it up a little bit, make it a little more unique, so it was stripped down further to it's rolling chassis. All the guts came out, air box, loom, battery box, etc...and that's how it sat until about a month ago.

I've finally taken it upon myself to actually get it back together and on the road.

As you can imagine, there's been some headaches getting it back together. It's slowly beginning to look like a bike again, but I'm now hitting problems I'm having trouble figuring out.

I hate to be 'that guy' who's first posts are calls for help, but all of my lurking on here and other forums haven't answered my problems, so I'm sheepishly joining proper to try get some bits sorted; but I'll have that for another post:D

Anywho, here's how the bike sits at the moment.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n146/capt_shaneo/010AB5B6-E307-4B0A-8339-30AAE09B39BF_zpssrmt4e7w.jpg

Dirty
10-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Green!

Looks great, love the frame/tank contrast, and the green hoop. Man after my own heart :)

Shaneo
10-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Haha

To be fair, the original gold frame had turned and pretty weird tan colour, and everything else had an attractive covering of fur.
So I thought, sod it. Lets go a bit silly.

The seat covering needs a good scrub, and I have a seat cowl on order as well as part of the rear end tidy up.

I'm still debating on whether to fit a belly pan or not.