PDA

View Full Version : Monster 796 exhaust paint flaking

justin796
07-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Hi guys,

I've just noticed the matt black paint at the ends of my exhausts is starting to flake. They are the stock exhausts.
Obviously they need painting but what is the best paint to use & should I get a spray paint or a tin & carefully brush it on?
Not sure whether to just paint the affected area or the whole end. I guess just touching it up will be more obvious.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Justin

justin796
26-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Problem now sorted. Fitted a pair of carbon Termignoni cans, performance ECU & air filter :-)

Albie
27-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi guys,

I've just noticed the matt black paint at the ends of my exhausts is starting to flake. They are the stock exhausts.
Obviously they need painting but what is the best paint to use & should I get a spray paint or a tin & carefully brush it on?
Not sure whether to just paint the affected area or the whole end. I guess just touching it up will be more obvious.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Justin
Never realised they made them black cans. Normally stock metal finish. Am presuming secondhand bike and someone has painted with incorrect heat paint. At least your sorted.

justin796
11-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi Albie,

Sorry for the late reply. It is stock & I got the bike new. It's not the aluminium part, it's the black paint at the end of the exhaust outlet which is standard on the bike. Like I said, all sorted now :-)

Cheers,

Justin

Darren69
11-08-2015, 02:19 PM
It's probably the same kind of paint they use on the engine :)

don_matese
11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
And Alfa Romeo door mirror mounts...