PDA

View Full Version : Rizoma Mirrors

Ecko
03-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Has anyone ever fitted Rizoma 744 mirrors?

I'm looking for something that will suit my Monster 821 Dark but doesn't stick out further than the handle bars like the stock ones do. It currently makes London filtering that little more annoying with the stock mirrors.

I don't really want to completely remove them and I haven't found bar-end mirrors that are doesn't make the handbars longer than it already is.

Ideally something that folds up during the commute is good and it looks like the adjustment on Rizoma 744's will do the trick but I cannot seem to find anything online to confirm if they are actually foldable or if it's locked in place.

Thanks,
R.

squarehead
04-06-2015, 07:47 AM
If you don't get an answer here try e mailing Moore Speed Racing. They are Rizoma stockists and have good customer services.

damien666
04-06-2015, 11:43 AM
I've had these a few years. Might not be your thing?
Only add a small amount to bar width. They don't vibrate a lot.
Rizoma 'reverse retro'
http://i61.tinypic.com/50pni0.jpg

TonyG
04-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't know what model they were, but I fitted some Rizoma mirrors and returned to the shop within half an hour as they were absolutely useless. Looked great, but couldn't see anything at all.

spacemonkey
04-06-2015, 09:47 PM
I've just ordered some of those cheap Chinky copies of those mirrors above. I'll let you know how I get on. They cost about a tenner so we'll see if they're £160 less quality. So far they look identical except for branding...

Dirty
04-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I've just ordered some of those cheap Chinese copies of those mirrors above. I'll let you know how I get on. They cost about a tenner so we'll see if they're £160 less quality. So far they look identical except for branding...

They are great, for a while! I'm on my 3rd set. After about a year they start to get loose and wander about. I'm hoping that amongst the 32 I'll eventually buy over the next 16 years and before I've spent the same as a Rizoma set I'll find a pair of good uns :chuckle:

Pedro
04-06-2015, 11:07 PM
I've had these a few years. Might not be your thing?
Only add a small amount to bar width. They don't vibrate a lot.
Rizoma 'reverse retro'
http://i61.tinypic.com/50pni0.jpg

Had these on my thou, very good

spacemonkey
04-06-2015, 11:35 PM
They are great, for a while! I'm on my 3rd set. After about a year they start to get loose and wander about. I'm hoping that amongst the 32 I'll eventually buy over the next 16 years and before I've spent the same as a Rizoma set I'll find a pair of good uns :chuckle:

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: Well, in 32 years time we'll either be banned from using these old dinsoaurs, or I'll be too old to ride the damned thing so I'd still be quids in!! :mand:I'll try some kind of adhesive maybe..

SunEye
04-06-2015, 11:38 PM
The Rizoma website gives measurements for all their mirrors so you can work out if they will stick out. The 744 is narrower than the Tomok. On my M1100 the Tomoks were narrower than my bars plus Rizoma bar ends, even with 9mm chopped off the end of the bars to accommodate Rizoma Sport grips.

I don't think that the 744 folds up as such. The position of the arm holding the mirror is moveable up and down, but it should be quite tight so that it will not move during riding.

If you have any questions e-mail Rizoma. They are very helpful and unsurprisingly know more about their products than anyone else.

It is also worth noting that all parts for Rizoma stuff are available as spares. A lot of dealers won't want to sell you Rizoma parts (i.e. whatever bit you lost or was scratched in an accident) but the factory will supply them so the dealer should order them for you.

Ecko
07-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys.

@damien666 The reverse rizoma ones look good, did you install for both sides or just the right?

Ecko
07-06-2015, 06:39 PM
oh also, what do you guys think about the mirrors that are positioned below the handbars? are they useless or actually ok?

damien666
07-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Yes they're on both sides.
I know some people crib Rizoma stuff because of the price, but they are really well made. They keep tight adjustment and the black anodised finish won't fade to purple.

Dirty
07-06-2015, 10:14 PM
oh also, what do you guys think about the mirrors that are positioned below the handbars? are they useless or actually ok?

It's a personal thing I think. I tried mine under but didn't get on with them. Might have another go though sometime because I think it looks better :)

Ecko
08-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I've taken my mirrors off completely just to see the difference in commute whilst i look for a new pair. I know it's bad and i shouldn't ride without mirrors, out of curiosity is it legal to ride without mirrors?

tricolore
10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I had a set of these fitted to my 1100, looked pretty good imo. You may need to buy different adapters ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rizoma-Mirrors-/121671239213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c542bc62d