PDA

View Full Version : First Monster

Portals
25-05-2015, 06:05 AM
Hi to all, just bought my first Monster, a 1000s on 55 plate, 29k on the clock. Loving it already.:mand:

Looking at the service history it looks like the cambelt hasn't been changed for a few years. Looking to get this done and a service asap, however not sure of the best place. Popped into Riders Bristol and they quoted £ 560.00, always a bit dubious about main dealers, are they any good.

Thanks

Darren69
25-05-2015, 06:37 AM
That seems a bit on the high side. My 4v didn't cost that much. Nearly, but then I did have £60 worth of oil into that.

bazread
25-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi & welcome Portals,

I recently had my Evo serviced (including Cam Belts) by Riders of Bristol for £470, the service was fantastic. I had the use of a loan bike (821) and they kept me regularily updated - I would recommend them I just wish I had the "spannering" skills to do myself as £470 is a lot of money that I could of spent on carbon !!

crust
25-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Hi to all, just bought my first Monster, a 1000s on 55 plate, 29k on the clock. Loving it already.:mand:

Looking at the service history it looks like the cambelt hasn't been changed for a few years. Looking to get this done and a service asap, however not sure of the best place. Popped into Riders Bristol and they quoted £ 560.00, always a bit dubious about main dealers, are they any good.

Thanks

If you're going to Bristol I'd give Rich a call at Louigimoto a call

http://louigimoto.com/

A proper Ducati enthusiast.

Zimbo
25-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Another recommendation from Rich Llewellen at Louigimoto, just south of Bristol. What he doesn't know about Ducatis really isn't worth knowing!

Martin Duke
25-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Thanks

Yet another "thumbs up" for Louigi Moto - I take my S2R there and can vouch that you will get first class service at a decent price. I can't remember what the belt replacement cost last time, but it was certainly less than you have been quoted by Riders. :gromit:

Portals
26-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks to everybody for the response, Louigi Moto sounds interesting and worth a shot.

Cobra88
27-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Hi Portals