PDA

View Full Version : S2R pegs not much grip

lewis
23-05-2015, 04:00 PM
I ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs and I have always found the stock pegs to have very little grip compared to any other bike I have ridden so I'm looking for a solution.

I've not come across rearsets for the S2R/S4R setup for much less than 300 and I find this a tad salty. Anyone know of any replacement pegs that fit onto the standard rearsets that will give more grip?

Or perhaps anyone knows of rearsets that are a bit cheaper, I'm not looking for bling just grippy and functional which seems to be available for M900 etc but not for S2R.

jonzi
23-05-2015, 06:06 PM
..Oberon..

Darren69
23-05-2015, 06:48 PM
or cheaper adjustable ones:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Shadow-CNC-Front-Foot-Pegs-Rest-25mm-for-Ducati-Monster-S2R-800-05-07-/191570805878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9a828476

lewis
23-05-2015, 08:16 PM
..Oberon..

Cheers for that, seems to be just what I'm looking for.

or cheaper adjustable ones:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Shadow-CNC-Front-Foot-Pegs-Rest-25mm-for-Ducati-Monster-S2R-800-05-07-/191570805878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9a828476

Never knew you could buy adjustable pegs :idea: Might go for the Oberon because of the long delivery time on the Chinese stuff.

squarehead
23-05-2015, 08:43 PM
And Oberon's anodising *should* be better quality than Chinese stuff.

I've bought quite a bit of Oberon kit and been very impressed with the quality.

Had some black Chinese levers which worked fine but one turned browm the other purple....

lewis
23-05-2015, 08:57 PM
And Oberon's anodising *should* be better quality than Chinese stuff.

I've bought quite a bit of Oberon kit and been very impressed with the quality.

Had some black Chinese levers which worked fine but one turned browm the other purple....

They do look quite good. The design of the racing peg looks pretty similar to the OEM peg, anyone bought a set know if they offer more grip?

I had Gilles rearsets on my old bike and the pegs were gnarled which I really liked.

pompone
23-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs and I have always found the stock pegs to have very little grip compared to any other bike I have ridden so I'm looking for a solution.

I've not come across rearsets for the S2R/S4R setup for much less than 300 and I find this a tad salty. Anyone know of any replacement pegs that fit onto the standard rearsets that will give more grip?

Or perhaps anyone knows of rearsets that are a bit cheaper, I'm not looking for bling just grippy and functional which seems to be available for M900 etc but not for S2R.

For s2/4r you need a big chunk of aluminium to start with, to make the mounting plate(s), hence the bigger price compared to say, a 916. I sell them for a 279 to forum members, and I think the manufacturing process justifies the price. I agree standard pegs are rubbish.