PDA

View Full Version : Update on snatchy running on my M900ie

Drumnagorrach
20-05-2015, 08:31 PM
During the winter my ecu was checked out and re programmed to Ducatis performance profile.
The inlet stubs were found to be delaminating and leaking slightly and so replaced.
The crank sensor had a score across its face and was replaced and set to the correct clearance.
All this didn't cure the problem,but Kenny at Motomechanica, as a last attempt to get the bike to run clean on light throttle, set the tps ,not by the 150 mv but by setting co2 at tickover to 3% via the tps. That and very careful throttle balancing has given me a very nice bike to ride.
The throttle response is instant and controllable ,gone has most of the snatchyness and the revs hanging on on closed throttle greatly reduced.
A plug chop showed that the mix is about perfect . I doubt if it would have been without the re program.
All in all ,the same results could have been achieved by just having the bike reprogrammed on a rolling road, but the nearest one to me is 500 miles away,and I didn't if know the nasty light throttle response was due to a fault.
Got there in the end, and the throttle response is an absolute joy.

btw when I checked voltage at butterflies closed it was 107 mv, idle 285 mv, the amount that the tps is moved to achieve this setting is very slight,but effective.

Mr Gazza
20-05-2015, 09:50 PM
I felt your pain all through this saga..... Sorry I couldn't help.

I'm really glad you have got it sorted.....Yes an M900ie is a real joy...:spin:

I was lucky when I bought mine as a non runner. It turned out to be plug and play for me, but could very easily have been a whole lot of misery....I took a chance.

I love mine more with every mile. Hope you now get to enjoy your bike for what it is this Summer...:mand:

Drumnagorrach
25-05-2015, 06:57 PM
I felt your pain all through this saga..... Sorry I couldn't help.

I'm really glad you have got it sorted.....Yes an M900ie is a real joy...:spin:

I was lucky when I bought mine as a non runner. It turned out to be plug and play for me, but could very easily have been a whole lot of misery....I took a chance.

I love mine more with every mile. Hope you now get to enjoy your bike for what it is this Summer...:mand:

Cheers Mate, the bike actually sounds sharper,well certainly louder, must simply be producing more "bang " per stroke now that the mix is right.
Lee