PDA

View Full Version : What cans?

d.man
17-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Hi all
I have a 1994 m900.
It has been dyno jetted with stage 2 kit and has k & n filter with open air box.
It is currently fitted with carbon D&D cans.
Sounds good, but no option to fit a baffle. Am dubious about road legality, but more concerned about MOT.

Am looking to see what other cans are it there. Please bear in mind my budget won't (unfortunately) stretch to Termis.

Have seen, via eBay, cans made by Hawk - any good.

Recommendations welcome.

Cheers
Danny

Dirty
18-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Your current exhaust will get through the MOT

utopia
18-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Seconded, what he said.
My Termis have no baffles and are stamped "not for road use" and are rather loud.
Never had the slightest issue with the mot tester though.
But surely you could drill your existing cans to fit baffles anyway, couldn't you ?

Froggy46
18-05-2015, 07:30 PM
As we are on a "what cans" subject, any views on MIVV X-cones for m900?

Flip
18-05-2015, 07:38 PM
But surely you could drill your existing cans to fit baffles anyway, couldn't you ?

Exactly what I was going to say just drill a securing hole in the outlet and fit something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-EXHAUST-SILENCER-BAFFLE-47mm-4-STROKE-DB-KILLER-TRACK-DAY-/281306047294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item417f25a33e

Other than that, as the others have said already it'll be fine for the MoT as long as the chap isn't too fussy or is he abides by the 'Not for road Use' marking if it has one.

Zimbo
19-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Race cans contravene construction and use regs, not the MOT test. It's left to the discretion of the MOT tester to pass or fail the cans, usually as long as they are not obviously stamped as not for road use they will be passed (if they are stamped, just put a small sticker over the stamp!). If the MOT tester knows you there will almost certainly be no problem! I have three Ducatis on race cans and they all get passed every year without comment. My previous M900 was so loud it almost made your ears bleed in the MOT tester's small garage and you couldn't talk whilst it was running, still passed without comment!