PDA

View Full Version : Another noob!

smileytony
15-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hey all,

Picking up my new Monster 821 on the 6th of June and can't wait - opted for the Dark edition so don't crucify me as it isn't Ducati red!!

A bit about me: live in Croydon, work in the city and been riding on my full license for a little over two years. GS500 as my first bike and currently on a Kawasaki Z750. Took the Monster out for a ride and LOVED it!

Ordered a few bolt ons and a few extras via the dealer (R&G) to help keep it tidy. This weekend is mostly about paving and getting a shed in to store her as I am a stickler for keeping things as new looking as possible.

Got a couple of questions which will come shortly but pretty much here to get to know other Ducati owners and see if there are any like minded y'ocals that fancy a ride - my little bro got me into biking and only came off his crutches this year after an accident on Xmas Eve 2012...so it's been a bit lonely!

:)

alan c
15-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Hi Tony,

Great to see your joining the Monster family. Keep an eye out for Kent breakfast meet on second Sunday of the month and London on the first Saturday of the month.

Would be great to meet you and your new 821

Fire away with any questions, you will always get a good answer and sometimes a few strange one's !!

Cheers

Alan

Dirty
16-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Hello and Welcome Tony

Darks are the mutts nuts, red is very last century, yellow is the future :mand:

smileytony
17-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Thanks all, I'll keep an eye out for the events as I'd love to pop along! Cheers Dirty, I thought I might be in for a kicking!! Are the events always advertised in the events group?

Dirty
17-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Yes we are usually pretty good at sticking them in there.

There is a soft meet at the Bike shed show in E1 next weekend

J.P
18-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the club Tony.
The South East is a pretty active region so if you want to get involved there's usually stuff going on.
Keep an eye on the forum and ask if you need any info.

I picked up my new 821 Stripe in March and had the first service early May.
I've done a few bits to it already and the engine is very different to my past Monster's.

Worth having a look at getting a radiator grill too to give that some protection.

Black Bob
18-05-2015, 07:43 AM
opted for the Dark edition so don't crucify me as it isn't Ducati red!!

"Black is Beautiful,
Black is Best.
I'm Black, I'm Beautiful, I'm Best."

And welcome! :D

steeevvvooo
18-05-2015, 07:53 AM
welcome. I quite like the 821 dark, I think they look pretty mean! :thumbsup:

Hopefully see you and the bike at one of the Kent meets over the summer

utopia
18-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Hello, Tony.
You sound like a happy chap.
You'll be even happier come june 6, no doubt.
Welcome along.
Beginning with slabs and shed is impressively well organised.

Raz1966
18-05-2015, 08:09 PM
i got a red 821, had it a couple of weeks and it's a really great bike. The brakes are mental and I am shocked at how loud it is. It's got standard exhaust but it's still quite loud. The engine is amazing thou, pulls really well and it's smooth. Only complaint is there's no fuel gauge. Saving up for a tail tidy and I saw a 821 the other day with rizoma indicators which looked great. Also looking at a small fairing maybe the one off the stripe version.

Flip
18-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Only complaint is there's no fuel gauge.

Has it got a gear position indicator instead? :chuckle:

Welcome along and glad everyone's enjoying their Monsters!!!

Davidg1230
18-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Tony, did you deal with Kevin and get the bike from In-Moto in Croydon? I've test rode an 821 there and will be getting one next year. A dark one too!