PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

SteveK
05-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Hi folks! I'm Steve, live in Solihull south of Bham and have an 1100evo which is just coming up on its third birthday 😊. Can't believe it took me three years to find this forum 😯.

Bought the evo after my 848 got nicked and have never looked back really. Used to enjoy the odd ride on my wife's 696 while I still had sports bikes, so figured one of them with a bigger lump must be A Good Thing - and of course it is 😁.

Looking forward to a hot summer (pleeeeze) and rides to local-ish watering holes.

Cheers! 🍻

SpeedoX
05-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum! What sports bikes have you had and how do you find the Evo compared to a sports bike?

SteveK
05-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Prior to getting the evo I'd had an 848, GSXR750 and a ZX9R - all great bikes and all very different from each other and of course the Monster.

I remember years ago chatting to a bloke who ran a body shop and owned a ZX12R; he was flogging it (the bike not his business!) because he said that every time he pulled his visor down, the red mist came down too. I didn't really understand what he meant at the time (guess I had a permanent red mist back then), but now I do: One of the things I enjoy most about the Monster is that I don't feel compelled to ride at 1000 miles an hour all the time - it's quite liberating!

J.P
06-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum Steve. You've plenty of Ducati experience already then but if you need anything let us know. Enjoy the summer