PDA

View Full Version : 620 sie with full Ducati Service History. New Belts and MOT

bellaitalia
23-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Monster 620sie that has had all the tasteful mods done, so you don't have to! This is the limited edition sie model.

The important stuff first:
FULL Ducati service history with all stamps in the book. I had the belts done along with a FULL service last week. That includes all the oils and the service cost me over £700 (it was done by the great Dave Robinson, so you know it was done properly. I have used Dave for 20 years).
MOT to March 2016.
Taxed to Sept 2015.
So, all you have to do is ride the bike and not worry about a thing.

As you can see this bike looks amazing.
The seat unit has been professionally modified to shorten it and it has custom number plate holder, indicators and rear light. Looks great and sets it aside from other normal Monsters.

It has crash bungs and bar ends.
Alloy bars with a slight rise.
The tyres and brakes are perfect.
I have both keys and all of the original paperwork and books that came with the bike.

It rides perfectly and starts on the button and it even has a disc lock fitted to the frame!
It has a tiny dent in the tank and small scratch on the frame, see the photos. Also, some fuel has leaked at some time and and left a yellow stain under the paint lacquer on the tank.

Can be viewed in SW15 at any time, so just give me a call. 077486 44462
photos here on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171759012633?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Mr Gazza
23-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I am intriqued as to what makes this an Sie model...I had not heard of a 620Sie before.

"S" models tend to have some sort of trick suspension, generally some extra carbon and sometimes floating brakes, possibly with Iron discs.

Darren69
23-04-2015, 05:05 PM
"An 'S' version of the 620ie is also available, with aluminium swingarm, small headlight fairing, ride-height-adjustable rear shock and carbon-fibre body panels." So there you go, I didn't know that either. Not quite in the same ballpark as a 900sie with its flashy ohlins and floating rear brake, eh Gary. Easy enough to convert a standard ie into sie as many probably have.

The ltd ed Capirex has even more goodies:

Ducati presents the Monster 620 Capirex: a special version of the Monster dedicated to Loris Capirossi, the renowned Italian racer who just wrapped up his outstanding first year in MotoGP with Ducati.

The Monster 620 Capirex sports an exciting colour combination of red fairing, seat cover and tank and lateral white stripe, as on the Monster S4R. In addition, the bike comes emblazoned with the "Capirex" official logo on the plexiglas screen, and Loris's official race number 65.

Its other outstanding features include:
•double-sided aluminium swingarm
•carbon front mudguard
•carbon panels
•carbon silencer head guards
•raised riding position higher than the M620 for greater Ground Clearance when cornering
•height-adjustable rear axle

And to all of this we have added an all new 6-speed gearbox designed to ensure smoother acceleration and pickup in all riding conditions and brand-new wet clutch, a user-friendly feature taken from the 2004 Monster 620.

Kato
23-04-2015, 06:31 PM
That looks great good luck with the sale...

Just one point the you can no longer pass on the tax, as soon as the bike is sold DVLA will cancel the VED license, you will need to cash it in for a refund on the remaining months or you will loose it, don't won't to put a downer on the sale but since the law changed many have had vehicles impounded already for no tax when they thought they were covered

Darren69
23-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Good point Kato, the other thing with the new system is you can no longer apply before the start of the month. It always gets back dated to the 1st of the month your in. So even if you apply on the 30th of Apr it will get back dated to 1st Apr and not 1st May! You have to get it on the 1st to get the full months worth.

Dirty
23-04-2015, 07:25 PM
I've been wondering about this. DVLA cancel the tax when they receive the V5 notification with the date of sale. So can you, if you buy a vehicle, just go online and effectively double tax it then ride/drive it home?

Mr Gazza
23-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Interesting stuff about the Sie Darren...It's almost as if Ducati spared every expense to make the 620 an "S"...I can't see the ride hieght adjuster at the bottom of the shock so maybe it's at the top?
I thought the ride hieght was adjustable via the rod anyway?....And the carbon panels say S4 on this one.

Mr Gazza
23-04-2015, 07:32 PM
I've been wondering about this. DVLA cancel the tax when they receive the V5 notification with the date of sale. So can you, if you buy a vehicle, just go online and effectively double tax it then ride/drive it home?

I think I read somewhere that you are refunded the unused road tax when you sell or scrap automatically?

There must be a mechanism for taxing it as a new owner from point of purchase (in whole months obviously).

DrD
23-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I think I read somewhere that you are refunded the unused road tax when you sell or scrap automatically?

There must be a mechanism for taxing it as a new owner from point of purchase (in whole months obviously).

Answers at: http://www.morebikes.co.uk/new-dvla-road-tax-changes-your-questions-answered/
No grace period, you must tax at point of purchase if you intend to ride it away
Not sure what you do if DVLA is down and huge backlog of phone calls (as happened to me when I renewed one vehicle recently)

Dirty
23-04-2015, 09:36 PM
So it's all down to what date of transfer is written on the V5 which is legally a bit of a grey area as the V5 is simply the keeper therefore technically you can sell a vehicle without changing keeper.

Darren69
23-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Lost in the post? :)

bellaitalia
28-04-2015, 11:48 AM
sold! Now looking for an S4...