PDA

View Full Version : Conquest carbon experience ....

wezrvf
22-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Evening all,

I have had a recent experience with conquest carbon and wanted your opinions. Before I tell you the situation I want to say I have bought quite a bit off this company and it is always spot on and the service and guys there seem great.

Now for the problem.......I recently bought a carbon key guard for my Monster 1200s. Once fitted I noticed a tapping noise whilst riding. After figuring out it was the carbon key guard tapping the tank I decided to maybe jam something under it to sort of wedge it. When I removed it I noticed it had been hitting the tank and has gone right through the paint to the metal. It isn't a small mark either.

I got Intouch with conquest and after being told that ducatis vibrate a lot the suggestion was to put some rubber bungs under it to keep it off the tank. This is obviously not a bad suggestion and am happy to do something like that but it doesn't help that I now have damage to my tank due to their item.

They didn't seem to care that it had damaged my tank and didn't respond to any suggestion that it had.

What do you think ?? Just venting really.

Cheers.

utopia
23-04-2015, 12:59 AM
Well, its always difficult to comment on things like this without seeing the situation for oneself and, similar to yourself judging from the general tone of your post, I'm reluctant to criticise.
However......first off, Ducatis don't vibrate .....its a myth perpetuated by those who can't see further than it being a twin.
In fact, a 90 deg v-twin (with 50% balance factor) has excellent primary and secondary balance, very much on a par with an inline four and only bettered if you go to 6 cylinders ....if memory serves..
Secondly, whether or not there is vibration, there shouldn't have been contact between the keyguard and the tank in the first place, so even with some vibration there shouldn't have been a problem.
So my feeling is that the problem could well be due to a badly designed or manufactured keyguard.
However, there are perhaps other possibilities like, for example, was it definitely fitted properly etc.
On the face of it though, I think you are justified in being less than happy with the situation, particularly given their seemingly unhelpful attitude.

wezrvf
25-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Sounds like you have the same thinking as me.

They have got back in touch and asked for me to send some pics of the damage. I have done this.

Let's see what they say