PDA

View Full Version : Who's Who

Chris
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
There are so many members now I never know who's who. Any chance of a section, maybe on the profile to post a picture of yourself?

Would help out with things like recognising fellow UKMOC members at shows without having to devise a secret handshake.

Blufoot
10-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Well we can all recognise you - your the one with one knee snaller than the other.

fatbloke
10-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Chris is easy to spot he's the one in the (I'm a power ranger) leathers

CK & AK
10-02-2004, 06:05 PM
And you all saw a piccy of FB the other day on a thread too! (scarey stuff:eek: )

Tis quite a good idea tho - Sami - is this possible?

C

LeMarsu
10-02-2004, 06:36 PM
yes it is a good idea...
I wanted to do that a while back... waiting until we move to a new server in the UK to do changes to the forum....
The problem we thought at first is how willing are people to post their mug shot?

Blufoot
10-02-2004, 06:48 PM
well it can be optional cant it?

if you dont want others to see your face just dont post a mugshot.

and remember to leave your helmet on at all times during meets, even when eating and drinking.

CK & AK
10-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Sami - just a suggestion, if you put the first post up in random chat as a sticky, the thread wont then get buried for ever.....

.....people can add their pics of themselves if they wish, and then can edit them out for better ones when they get a tan in the summer, or lose all that excess weight they put on over Xmas!!!;)

obviously you & FB etc will have to 'police' things like you usually do......(just in case Didge posts up pics of good looking blokes instead..:D ). Just ask people to put in one pic - and edit out those who post more than once, cutting out the 'waffle'

As I said, just an idea.....

C:)

Paranoid Dave
10-02-2004, 10:36 PM
sounds a good idea to me :D just remember to shrink the photo 15% in width before posting ;)

The other way of course is to set up a page in the gallery where you can see all the faces with a name under each one all on the same page, otherwise I'd get pretty bored of loading up jpeg after jpeg after jpeg. I might get to double figures.... and if you want to see one person you'd have to trawl through 10 pages of replies to find the person you're looking for.

Just a suggestion? :D

LeMarsu
11-02-2004, 08:43 AM
I am hoping to make a dedicated section later in the year...

I am thinking it will be part of the person profile ... so when you click on the profile button under everyone’s post also also get their mug shot or maybe adding an other button... that will take you to that person mug shot....

There will be also a mug shot gallery, where you can scroll thorough all the ugly pictures!!

A Yerbury
11-02-2004, 10:18 AM
like "AM I HOT OR NOT.COM" OR IF A FRIEND OF MINE IS TO BE BELIVED "WWW.UPFORASHAG.COM" -just kidding. good idea tho chris.

Kev Bunney
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
I would also be a laugh if we all sent in pictures of us as sprogs, then they could be put on and we could try and suss who is who !then again.................. maybe not !

Mand
11-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Kev, did they have cameras when you were born?

Hahahahahaha - I'll get my coat. ;)

Kev Bunney
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
You won`t have time to put it on :twisted:

Julie
11-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Nice one Mand :)

Drucilla
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm sure they had cameras when Kev was a sprog, Sepia looks so good...

Kev Bunney
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Bluddy women ganging up on me :mad:

A Yerbury
11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
...NORMALLY-PAY-GOOD-MONEY-FOR-THAT....ETC...ORIGIONAL-HUMOUR-TO-FOLLOW-AT-A-LATER-DATE....(SPILLED-A-GIN-&-TONIC-ON-KEYBOARD-NO-SPACEBAR-ACTION-JUST-----THESE-HYPHONS)
Alex.