PDA

View Full Version : something shadey

revver
18-04-2015, 09:22 PM
received a letter this morning saying that it was confirmation of change of keeper for my monster, but i haven't sold it??? phoned dvla and they said they cant understand how it has happend and to send the v5 document with a letter explaining this. has anyone had this before????

Saint aka ML
19-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Someone cloned your plate or even entire V5 and sold a stolen bike.

Dookbob
19-04-2015, 06:41 PM
I havn,t heard of this one before, the only person who would have the V5 details would be a previous owner. Unless the info is accessible from the MOT register now that is all handled on line.

Akita Boy
19-04-2015, 08:23 PM
It is possible to apply for 'lost' a V5 if you know a few details of a car/bike and the DVLA will issue a replacement one. Am guessing you've had your details stolen mate. ld contact DVLA and Police about it ASAP as (potentially) someone's riding round the country on a nicked bike showing your bikes VRM, chassis and engine numbers.

Mr Gazza
19-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Sounds funny that they want you to send in your V5?

I would certainly only offer them a photocopy or scan.

Retain the original document as long as possible...Sounds fishy.

revver
20-04-2015, 05:19 PM
yeh im a bit reluctant to send it in as well, they are well none for loosing stuff. have already spoken to dvla will go and see police tomorrow. will let you know how this pans out.

Kato
20-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Go to a lawyer who will charge you about £30 to send a verified copy of your documents to DVLA what ever you do ......do not send them the original