PDA

View Full Version : tankpad

dukiwi
10-02-2004, 09:01 AM
hi all,

my new monster is starting to show some wear on the tank, and i'd like to put a tankpad on it. i don't want to ruin the look of that lovely tank by putting a tankpad on that i later decide looks rubbish. these things stick like hell....how easy are they to remove once they're on there?

rich

Melnie Mouse
10-02-2004, 09:03 AM
just peel em off, top coating comes off then use meth's to remove the final sticky residue that's left....

superlight3
10-02-2004, 09:05 AM
If you use a hairdrier on a medium setting to soften the plastic then spray a bit of brake cleaner under the corners they soon come off... :bunny:

Have you seen the new range of Ducati Performance tank pads?

Gel-faced carbon fibre, really quite pretty, and they polish up like new if they get scratched!

Cheers.

Lee.

dukiwi
10-02-2004, 09:06 AM
sweet. that's what i wanted to hear. thanks lots.

A Yerbury
10-02-2004, 09:23 AM
or bung a few corse stickers on it! I had to remove a carbon look sticker from my tank, the previous guy had it on for years. Took a very long time with meths. this broke down the adhesive which then dripped down and reglued elswhere. very messy. by the time I got the thing of the exposed paintwork was a deeper shade as it had not seen any UV! Ended up getting the whole bike resprayed in the end.........
Alex.

mp101
11-02-2004, 10:36 PM
I had a corse tank pad on before the accident, when they replaced the tank they didnt give me a new pad, but I run with a baglux cover too, you can see the imprint of the corse pad from where i was knocked off lol