PDA

View Full Version : Generator

jonzi
30-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Morning.

I've got a lidl generator for sale.

Never been used. Still in the box.

Bought it and then decided to race in a class that doesn't allow tyre warmers so I don't really need it and it's taking up space in the garage

Most people over at Trackdayriders seem to like em.

£100. Collection only. From berkhamsted.

Here's a review of it

http://www.nb-kelly-louise.com/2013/05/lidle-parkside-4-stroke-generator.html?m=1

Dirty
30-03-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm tempted but it won't fit on the back of the scooter :(

gary tompkins
30-03-2015, 07:01 PM
looks like a nice bit of kit

very tempted

andrewinuk
31-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Can you drop it off at Rosso Corse? If so I'm in!

Dirty
31-03-2015, 11:00 AM
If you can drop it anywhere I'm first :P

jonzi
31-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Dropping it off is the problem

I have a scooter, and my girlfriend has a mini.

I could try to stick it in the mini, but she will probably punch me in the head if I ruin her car.

Nickj
31-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Lidls and Aldi do a lot of good stuff. The lidls bike battery chargers are peaches, three stage intelligent charger which functions exactly the same as a unit costing 2-3 times it's price that you often see mention on these very pages

Nasher
31-03-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't think any man is complete without a Generator in his life.;)

We get lots of power cuts, sometimes for over a day, so I make sure I've always got a good quiet reliable one laying around to plug the fridge-freezer in for a few hours, charge up phones and lights etc.

I also tend to work on my old boat round at the yard where there isn't any power, and I find a generator is much easier to run 'proper' power tools rather than keep hoping the cordless ones last the distance.

I've also used one when camping at more remote sites, just to get the fridge down to temperature and maybe charge some phones up etc.

I recently upgraded to an Inverter type that gives a pure sine wave AC supply which is good enough to run a PC, TV and other sensitive equipment.

Nasher.