PDA

View Full Version : Best tyres for 620ie??

Y24PED
30-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi, I will need to change my tyres soon and I wad wondering if anyone could suggest decent tyres for my Monster. It currently has Pirelli Diablo Strada I think. Cheers P.

Mr Gazza
30-03-2015, 01:54 PM
What a coincedence....Just got back from the tyre fitters.

I am running Pirelli Diablo Stradas myself and I can inform you with up to the second accuracy that they are still available.

But I have big complaint..I only took the wheel in to have the valve and tyre seating checked over, due to a very slow punture that I put up with all last year,,,It lost about 4psi over a month....Turns out that it has an irrepairable puncture, so I have had to replace it at a unwanted £79 after only covering in the region of 2-3000 miles...:fiery:

Not the tyres fault though, and you know exactly how the Stradas handle, so not a bad choice for well under £200 for a pair.

However I also priced up a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3's which came out at £210 fitted and balanced to loose wheels.

Personally I would go for the PR3's if I had to have a pair. They get very good reports and I have yet to hear anything negative about them..There is also the PR4 about which I know nothing, but others will soon fill in.

The Stradas are considered a bit old hat now apparently, but I am still looking forward to another few thousand miles on my new one...Punctures are such a let down..:rolleyes:

Mr Gazza
30-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Just done the maths...The tyre had done 2313 miles and still looked like new....Not Happy..:mad:

Stinger101
30-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Hi Mr Gazza, I'm in the tyre industry & can confirm the PR3's are a far superior tyre than the old Pirelli Strada, but first, I notice you're in Norwich. A fine friend of mine is Paul Gluckstein of HMT in Vulcan Rd South, Norwich. He's the be all & end all of the 2 wheeled tyre world in East Anglia. You may know him already but if not, call him & name drop me - Mark Hornett, for the best service, price & advice there is. 01603 301999

Mr Gazza
30-03-2015, 07:04 PM
If Paul is the guy in a state of permanent nervous breakdown trying to man the phone and serve the public whilst running the fitting bay, then yes I know him....He might have got the impression that I was in a bit of a mood with him when he told me I needed a new tyre...But hey ho, not his fault.
He did give me a bit of an old fasioned look when I asked him if he could put a tube in it..:dunce:

Thank you for the heads up Mark ... I will drop your name tomorrow when I pick up the newly shod wheel...Glad I am already going to the best place..Cheers for the help..:hail: